El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im 16 and i just got a 79 el camino and im ganna fix it up. the body is in good shape but the intirior is bad. i need to know a good place to buy a dash or dash cap,seats,sunvisors,headliner,carpet and all the intirior trim. any help would be great if u have any of these things for sale contact me on aim papasmurf6187. if u know any websites that sell alot of el camino stuff that would help also. thx :D

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Howdy Smurf, and welcome. Check out our links page, lots of elky suppliers listed there.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Hello Smurf and welcome to ECC, I have had plenty of luck buying interior pieces off Ebay, I did get burned once though, check it out, there are some guys who regularly sell Elky parts on Ebay and who have positive comments in their feedback, these are some reputable sellers. Good luck on your Elky!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup it is blue thx for the help guys i also need some performance parts i think im ganna get an edelbrock carb if u got any suggestions id luv to hear um.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Papasmurf,

For a dashcap I recommend American Trim and Upholstery in Tulsa, Ok.
Their website is www.atrim.com.
I bought mine and a friends dashcaps from them.
They had the cheapest price of any supplier I could find and they didn't try to **** me on shipping charges. Service was great!

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Dashcaps are OK for a quick fix, just take a close look at what your buying if thats the way you decide to go. There are full and half face dashcaps, go with the full. Also make sure you'll be able to get to your front speakers without ripping the dahcap off and destroying it! On the other hand a full face dashcap will run $85 to $100 bucks, I've seen mint condition dashpads sell on ebay for $250.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I have seen dash caps that are not only full face caps but have the opening that allow you to use the stock speaker grilles and they drop in just like factory. If you take your time with the cap and get a good one not just the cheapest thing you can get, they come out looking fine. If you get a old dash off of e-bay it will still crack if it doesn't come with some in it then it will develop them. There is nothing you can do about it. The plastic is not all that good.

That is what GM gets when buying from the "Lowest Bidder". While not always completely true, generally speaking, you get just what you pay for most of the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts