El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the old carpet out of my '80. I had expected to see a lot of rust. I think it looks pretty good, though. Good old Texas car.

Now I have to weld in the bucket seat mounts.

Jack

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Jack, ya know I haven't pulled up my carpet yet, but what I can see from the underside of the car, mine looks OK. I'm really glad you're finding out that things aren't always as bad as they might seem.:beer:

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to weld in the seat brakets and then install the seats you gave me. I have the power seat stuff working, too.

Thanks again Donnie.

Jack

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Sure is better than mine! Driver's side is swiss cheese. nearly none of the factory sound deading underlayment was even sticking to anything. Now I know why it was so loud inside. It was particularly bad underneath the harness tube.

Attachments

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
You know you need floor pans when your feet can touch the ground while seated in your cruck. When I was a lot younger I had to drive some real chitty chitty bang bang type cars. I had a 54 Chevy with almost no floor. Not too bad to deal with unless it is raining.

·
Registered
257 Posts
lockjaw i know what u meen my uncel has a 74 laguna wit that prob. the guy he got it from welded a lic. plate to patch a hole lol. but never underestimate the look cuz the 468 bbc he has in it owns the road.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Sounds like the ultimate "sleeper"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts