El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I would like to buy a seat re-upholstery kit for my 72 elcamino but the split bench i have doesent seem like any photos i can find. is thsi even from a GM product?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
X2 on the caddy seats

first pic is from a 76 coupe de ville, 2nd from a 75 de ville conv't. 1974 seats have narrow pleats, and are totally different. I would say yours are from a 76, and they do make factory reupholstery kits for those if you like them. OR you could pimp them out in fur like the guy has near the start of Magnum Force (Dirty Harry movie) LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys - ill save my big pimpin for my 75 eldo convertible. Those seats pictured are now out (free if you want em).

I walked the pick a part yard yesterday, occaisional almost good enough seats. A nice dark blue caddy leather set. But nothing awesome.

I ended up buying off Craigs list "new" Honda Oddesy leather second row seat set in dark charcoal color. They slide and fold down flat.

With the seats out i see the floor pan pasenger side needs some work... so more project.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it seems to clear just fine - the console is a seperate assembly (3 pieces).

I didnt bolt down the seats in thsi pass but they are dropped in. I will remove the bottom track to drop them 4 inches after I do the floor pan and carpet work. They seem to fit the tranny and door sill valley.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Definitely NOT 70's caddy seats. Caddy seats are flatter and wider. Not sure what that crest on the headrest is?
Chrysler maybe?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts