El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Deputy Director, Region 3 PA (west)
1,580 Posts
Well spoken, Ken.
I've joined up at many automobile-related forums over the past few years and very few get my regular attention like this one. There are just too many competent, helpful people here to risk losing anyone because the place has gone off-track. One of the pool forums I visit has a dedicated funny pic/joke/video thread in the main forum, as well as a dedicated off-topic sub-forum. It's actually the highest content thread in the entire forum, but it serves to keep the "general discussion" forum more on-topic.

Bill

·
Registered
512 Posts
For example, just now in the BS Forum there are 12 out of 20 posts all by the same poster,
NONE had anyting to do with El Caminos. Enough to turn me off.
If the moderator turned these posters off, I'd not complain. It's like the old days of the CB Radio, many users just spoke to hear themselves. It's a shame.
Am I missing something? Isn't that the purpose of a BS thread, talk about whatever you want, we have all these other threads dedicated to Elks, right? A BS thread is an "off topic" thread, not necessarily supposed to be about cars.

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
Shootstraight, you aren't missing anything.......the BS forum is for BS, and doesn't have to be about anything in particular, the way I understand it. It's to keep the BS out of the rest of the catagorys I believe....:dontknow:

Maybe everyone who joins this great place hasn't taken time to read the posting guidelines. It's designed to keep us civil with each other while helping out.

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
BS is just that "BS" among members, most of us know each other and go back-and-forth on a regular basis but are more than willing to answer a Tech question.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Nobody uses the chat room what is it open to anything rated PG13 or El Camino topics only? I can't type and check spelling fast enough to post there I'm about four answers behind by the time I finish typing one sentance.:dontknow::dontknow:

·
TrannyMike
2,807 Posts
I stopped going to the BS sub forum for just that reason. To many non-elky posts.
Well, the BS sub forum has served it's purpose then. You don't go there right? It's not meant to be strictly for El Camino posts. Keep doing as you've said if you don't like to BS. Come on now, this is really simple folks. :beer:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Amen. This is a good friendly and informative site for all of us Camino owners.
I will certainly do my part to follow these rules.:texas:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Am I missing something? Isn't that the purpose of a BS thread, talk about whatever you want, we have all these other threads dedicated to Elks, right? A BS thread is an "off topic" thread, not necessarily supposed to be about cars.
Totally agree...I for one,ENJOY the B.S thread,i dont believe every topic on here has to revolve around el caminos..,and that is what THAT thread is for...Sure they(elkies) are the main focus..but there has to be variety on a forum,or they just become very boring,very quickly.....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Totally agree...I for one,ENJOY the B.S thread,i dont believe every topic on here has to revolve around el caminos..,and that is what THAT thread is for...Sure they(elkies) are the main focus..but there has to be variety on a forum,or they just become very boring,very quickly.....
IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT ARE THE ONE'S WHO VERY RARELY COME ON THE SITE. ONE THING IS FOR CERTAIN THAT YOU'LL USALLLY GET A LAUGH OR TWO TO GO ALONG WITH ANY INFO YOU MADE NEED. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LAUGH DON'T GO TO THE BS THREADS:banghead::twocents:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Well, the reason I post on the BS section is because there is an icon that says "new thread". I don't see anything like that on the home page. Obviously many of you have figured that out, it haven't.

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
Well, the reason I post on the BS section is because there is an icon that says "new thread". I don't see anything like that on the home page. Obviously many of you have figured that out, it haven't.

If you open the forum you want to post on, it has the "new thread" button, just like the BS forum does.

scroll down on any page on the site and near the bottom (in bottom 1/2 anyway) of any page you will see a drop down box labeled "forum jump" on the right side of the page. click on that and then on the forum you want to go to.

Also, once I sign in to the site, I have it set so it takes me to "new threads". If I want to post something new, go to the right of the page where it lists the forums that the threads are posted in. Click on the forum you want to go to, and it brings that forum up , including the "new thread" button.

It takes awhile or some sight-seeing to learn all this stuff, so maybe this will help some of the new guys.

:beer:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts