El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rebuilt and currently driven everyday tranny that I may sell . The only reason that I am considering it is to replace it with another rebuilt 2004-R that is bone stock. My trans has a Transgo shift kit and large servo and I just don't like the harder shifts that it gives you. My car is driven everyday and never run hard so I don't need the hard shifts. The trans has about 10,000 mies on it,doesn't leak, runs cool and shifts fine. There is no implied or expressed warranty as I can't supervise how its installed or treated after it leaves my hands. Let me know if you may be int. in it and I will let you know if and when I sell it. Thks, Wayne

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I'm not mistaken the servo has nothing to do with the harshness of the shift ? I may be wrong of course.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wayne, I may be interested. Mine is the stock '86 which is the 200 r4 ?? I think. It is starting to shift funny so I may be looking soon. Do you think a vacuum leak would effect trans shifting????

I am the one you sent the pully pics to. Thanks

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
200 and 700r4 s arnt effected by vacuum or leaks as far as shifting goes they use tv and speed input to shift.a gross oversimplication . the servo will soften the shifts in second and forth gears.hit up trany mike as the best way to soften the shifts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Wayne, I am interested in the transmission... How much are you asking and how far are you from charlotte, NC? I'm in waxhaw to be exact. Also anymore info on the trans such as converter, year/make/model, etc would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts