El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my car cover that was under warranty and that went smooth till I received the replacement. Here's where I'm at from their e-mail Don't say I told you so I bought this three years ago and I was a rookie.:poke:

YOU NEED TO READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP. These are the e-mails so far and this may not be a problem yet but the new cover tag and box match my part number but the 2012 cat. says soft spunbound inner to protect your paint . The pictures are ones I sent today on both covers. When I first started out I had Kelly and she was great now I'm talking to Contessa the name may say it all.WISH ME LUCK AND PRAY FOR ME BEFORE YOU GO TO BED.
Robert

My last reply.

I don't think so this cover fits totally different than my original and the inner/outer layer's are totally different. Mine had a nice soft inner and outer layer this ones inner and outer layers are vinyl . if you look at the original pictures I sent Kelly on the first return you can see the bottoms where the soft material was unraveling like a cotton soft material this one there's no way for it to do what mine did. On this one you could tear it but it wouldn't come apart like the original pictures I sent. Also this cover is a lot bigger it almost hits the ground on the sides and doesn't fit tight if it rains all the water is going to run to the middle of cover in the bed of my truck. This one raps all the way under both bumpers and still sways big time in the back. I don't use it in the rain and I like the way it covers more area you cant even see the tires but the material inside my scratch my custom paint. The bottom line is this cover is nothing like the original one except the color. This cover is labeled wrong. look at this picture how the material on the outside is also coming apart it's a soft cloth. The one you sent is a solid say like leather type material with the breathing pin like holes. It's obvious these are two different types of material.
Let me know I think the factory labeled the new cover wrong. The pictures don't lie.
I know this isn't your fault but you answered the e-mail.
LOL
Thanks
Robert

THIS IS THE ONE I SENT BACK NICE SOFT MATERIAL

HERE'S THE ONE YOU JUST SENT. THESE ARE NOT THE SAME MATERIAL

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
second page

Subject: RE: car cover warranty exchange incorrect cover in box
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 13:11:02 -0400
To: [email protected]

{Hello Mr LaChance,
After viewing the pictures of what you received it appears that you did receive the correct car cover. All the one layer car covers are grey and the 4 layer aqua shed are tan. It may appear thin but it is 4 layers. The 1 layer car covers are basically see through.

Thank you
Contessa
Eckler Industries

Hi Kelly this is in regards to the car cover replacement ORDER NO. 06968761-00001 The cover I received is incorrect the part number on the box is correct but inside I got the cheap one layer cover without the lining. I attached pictures of the one I received. What do we need to get me the correct one? I don’t want to pay another frt. charge back to you and I think this cover is only $49.00 on your site. I put it on the truck just so you can see it and it’s back in the box now. I just got my truck back from the paint shop and I need a cover quickly. Let me know what to do to resolve this problem. .All the original info from the first cover is below.
Thanks
Robert LaChance

Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 5:52 AM
To: Robert LaChance
Subject: RE: car cover warranty exchange

Hello Mr. LaChance,
I have entered this information in your account for Kelly to see when she processes your exchange.
Thank you for giving us all the information required.
Have a great weekend
Holly - Eckler Industries

Good morning Kelly.
ORDER NUMBER 10952916-00002 / CUST. NUMBER 22696056-000 WARRANTY EXCHANGE CAR COVER

Just wanted to let you know I sent back the car cover yesterday ups from CA. and wrote all the info on the invoice. Please let me know when you receive it and everything is O.K. All the info is below. If you want a tracking number I have it 1Z9219690343588198
Thanks

Robert,

It's ok just write exchange under warranty, I do the exchange orders when they get here I will know what to do.

Thank you
Kelly
Eckler Industries

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 03:36 PM
Subject: RE:

There’s no warranty code on the back. defective item #10 or other #30 no
other one would cover this. maybe this is an old invoice from last year?
thanks
robert

* [email protected]
*Sent:* Monday, March 26,

Robert,

To exchange the cover under warranty, You need to use the return shipping
label on the back of your original invoice, cut it out and place it on the
box. On the back of the invoice in the return section pick the under
warranty code and also write EXCHANGE UNDER WARRANTY. Once we recieve the
cover back we will process the exchange order. It generally takes 7-10
business days to process the return and exchange.

Thank you
Kelly
Eckler Industries

-----Original Message-----
From: ROBERT LACHANCE [mailto:[email protected] <[email protected]>]
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 01:42 PM
Subject:

I have a warranty issue with your order number 10952916-00002 dated 5/04/11
cust. number 22696056-000
My car cover part number 12-0234 is coming apart see pictures below. This
is not a year old and it’s never been wet. I have a five year warranty on
this product and I have always been carful putting it on and not pulling on
it with excessive force. On the pictures I have pulled it down further then
I normally do so you can see what’s happening. What do I need to do to get
this replaced? I like the cover and I hope this isn’t something other
buyers are having because I would like a replacement of the same cover.
Please advise A.S.A.P. Instruction for warranty replacement.
Thanks
Robert LaChance Jr.
work phone# 323-685-9310 7:30-5:00 pm west coast time
work e-mail [email protected]
HOME E-MAIL [email protected]

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Robert, hold their feet to the fire. I have a possible similar problem. I would like to know how these people treat you. This isanother sign of the times. Retailers are switching to the cheapest c**p they can get away with..James

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Robert, hold their feet to the fire. I have a possible similar problem. I would like to know how these people treat you. This isanother sign of the times. Retailers are switching to the cheapest c**p they can get away with..James

I almost put in my e-mail the exact thing I had already typed it. Did they change to something cheap but I deleted it then went to their store on line and the description is states 4 polyurethane layers so I'm sure I got the right piece of crap replacement and it feels like it could scratch the paint. But in the 2012 Eckler's book it still show an inner soft spunbound layer so I emailed her that. what can I do ask for my money back with their terms exchange only? I play this game everyday with people saying they got a defective unit and when I see it they hooked it up wrong but there customers.:dontknow:
What would you do?
Thanks
Robert

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
There is power in belonging to an org like NECOA and other sites/clubs. I would politely let them know that this entire episode is being shared with 20,000 other potential customers of Ecklers. Be subtle but clear in stating that this is bogus treatment and that their reputation and response is being played out in a public way. Doing it in a non threatening way and cheerfully always bri ngs better results.
You ar clearly in the right. Anything short of an exact replacement or credit/refund is unacceptable. Your paint job really is over the top! Very rich color.
James:secret:

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
The best car covers are from Calfornia Car Cover. There's another company with a very similar line of covers but I can't remember their name. They are a bit pricey though. But compared to the price of a paint job....

·
2,566 Posts
BTW, eckler's that's the elcamino store? Don't they advertise here? Funny nobody here seems to have a good thing to say about them, and they do nothing to try and salvage their reputation.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought my cover about a year and a half ago with a five year warranty and now there using the same Aqua Shed Premier Tan Car Cover $154.99 same price I paid and if you look in their new book they send out has the exact description as the one I bought. But the replacement is not the same cover. Their calling it the same but if you go to their on line store the description is different it doesn't have a soft inner panel just see my pic's above. So the nice cover I had is being replaced with a 4-ply polyurethane breathable bag to put on my new paint job at the same price. Maybe I just get my old one back it's better than this. There not getting away with this I will post it in every Chevy. forum I can find on the Internet and make sure they are informed what I'm doing. I'm a 30 year in salesman I can manipulate with the best of them. As you can see in my email I'm just informing them what I got now it's in their court and not answering my email won't stop me I'll put mine on auto send every 5 min.:poke: What's the name of their local news crew I think I have seen enough post on this subject to get a 30 sec. slot before the commercials.
Robert
:beer:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know what happened to the pics. there they are.

THIS IS MY OLD ONE SOFT IN/OUT

THERE'S WHAT THEY SENT ME LOOKS THE SAME ON BOTH SIDES. WOULD YOU PAY $154.00?

·
2,566 Posts
I would say $154 is cheap for any fitted car cover. Check out the covers at the link I posted above.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would say $154 is cheap for any fitted car cover. Check out the covers at the link I posted above.
The one they sent me I like better except for the lining. The sides go almost to the ground covering all of the wheel and raps all the way under the bumper but if it rained it's not tight enough and would sag and collect all the water in the bed of the truck. I don't use the cover for rain just the layer of 18 wheel exhaust it leaves every day that I also breathe.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just got an email this morning from Eclers about a 15% discount off car covers this weekend. That's what I call ironic! :poke:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got an email this morning from Eclers about a 15% discount off car covers this weekend. That's what I call ironic! :poke:

No sh*t and I haven't got a response in two day's
so I think it's time to ramp it up.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
...I'de go with Bobby,get your old one back,and your money,go to this place,its a small drive for you ( 9525 DeSoto Avenue, at Plummer Street on the Northwest corner, in Chatsworth, CA, ) ...And see what they got..who knows,you might find the "Cover Of your Dreams", And Its Local too...:beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
...I've heard nothing good about this company and thank you for the heads up..:beer:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Sounds like they made enough money off of Robert that they are now pulling a gov't trick. Taking money from Robert to subsidize everyone that wants a car cover. Hmm

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think it's time to e-mail them a copy of this page then maybe I will get an answer quicker .:beer:
Robert

·
2,566 Posts
I think it's time to e-mail them a copy of this page then maybe I will get an answer quicker .:beer:
Robert
That'd probably be the only correspondence they'd have with most of us!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts