El Camino Central Forum banner

Power antenna recommendation

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Gray Ghost 
#1 ·
Im working on an 87 el camino and i would like to add a power antenna to replace the existing fixed mask antenna. Anyone have a recommendation for a nice fitting antenna that will conform to the existing antenna opening?

#5 ·
I can't see how to install it. Do you have to do some modifications? Make a new hole and mtg. it by the tire fender well?:dontknow:

#6 ·
I had a power antanae installed in my 87 , from I believe OPGI that cost around $ 100 . Unfornatuly it died after around five years . It looks similiar to the one 87next2Last1 has but I`m sure his GM one is better quality . I have not got it installed yet but recently purchased a Dakota Digital hidden antanae from Summit Racing for $ 69.95 , part # Dak-Ant-1000 . I `ve read in other forums that others have like the no antanae set up/look and they felt the reception was good .

#8 ·
You need to just take the inner finder loose and install it from the bottom.

#10 ·
:beer:

If thats all it takes I know what I'm doing this weekend. Do you remember the part number you used?:beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.