El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked around the forums and seen this posted before, I got a link to a none power one. I was just wondering since those posts were a few years old, has anyone seen a power rear window kit? Or How hard would i be to make one power? I know anything is possible if you have deep pockets, but I'm 17 I have 17 year old pockets, which means they have holes in them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow dude you know that is a cool idea but I doubt that it will ever be possible but I suppose Money makes everything possible? Heck my rear window has so many holes in the ledge that power isn't necessary at this point Lol!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
a few weeks ago i seen a rear slider on a 70 or 72 but the pic wasnt to revealing.

·
Registered
553 Posts
My 06 Honda Ridgeline pickup has a power rear slider might look at the salvage yards for the parts and convert a window with a slider for an Elky??:dontknow: Glenn

·
Registered
283 Posts
WOW! Got to admit it would be pretty cool to have a sliding rear window even if it only opened up a foot or so just to have the opening for extra ventilation. Let me know if someone finds a 5th Gen that will do that.:nanawrench:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Limousines have those power divider windows behind the driver, so a power rear window can be done for sure.

I'm almost positive they did a power rear window for a truck/SUV on Pimp My Ride one time. Not sure if they used a kit, I think they might have just fabricated it themselves.

Now that I think about it more, I believe they fabricated a whole framework piece with tracks for the window to slide on then attached a power antenna as the mechanism to raise and lower it.

Something to keep in mind though, you would have to come up with some custom made weather stripping for it to prevent leaks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Limousines have those power divider windows behind the driver, so a power rear window can be done for sure.

I'm almost positive they did a power rear window for a truck/SUV on Pimp My Ride one time. Not sure if they used a kit, I think they might have just fabricated it themselves.

Now that I think about it more, I believe they fabricated a whole framework piece with tracks for the window to slide on then attached a power antenna as the mechanism to raise and lower it.

Something to keep in mind though, you would have to come up with some custom made weather stripping for it to prevent leaks.
Lol, I just called a limo service to see how they do it. I measured some scrap limos they had laying around and the windows are only a few inches off, i still might be able to use some parts from them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts