El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I just bought some bucket seats from an 84 Toyota Supra. I installed the passenger side with no problems. The drivers seat is a power seat. I'm electrically challenged so I need some guidance. I know someone has added power seats before, so I need to know what is needed to make this thing work. Let me know what info you need to make this happen. Thanks

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
i would go back and get another passenger seat :poke:good luck
somebody will hook u up im sure:beer:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Cruck is going to smell like flied lice.:poke:

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
Mike PM keyser about this.
He sent me a very step by step link.
Love him or hate him he is a Marine.:beer:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I added Camaro seats to my 84, and the driver's seat is powered. The fuse has a terminal for push on connector that made sense -- sorry, I'm on the road so can't check to see exactly what I used. From there it was one power wire to the hot terminal on the seat. There's a plastic wire run under the edge of the carpet that even has a little cutout next to the seat to lead the wire out. Then I fastened a ground wire to floor pan under the seat. Power and ground are all you need, switches are on the seat.

Post a pic of what those seats are like in the car.

·
Registered
391 Posts
like greywolf, I just ran a power wore from the fuse block on an acc terminal , ran under the carpet/door mounding, over to the seat wire (hot). you can put a ground wire screw into the floorpan.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2012-08-22 21.08.26-1.jpg

2012-08-22 21.07.54-1-1.jpg thanks for the help guys. I will try and make the mounting bracket this week. So far, only the passenger side is in. Heres a couple of pics. Keyser.. can ya hep a fella out?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts