El Camino Central Forum banner

power window problems

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  ccc 
#1 ·
Alright today I was trying to get my pass. window to roll down as its been messed up for awhile it used to roll down but occasionally it wouldn't work well in the process of me getting frustrated the drivers side quit working. :banghead: What should i do now lol.i looked over everything i could think of and couldn't find any obvious issues and I don't think its the motor they were strong when they worked it seems like a grounding issue where does it ground and what color is the wire or does anyone have a diagram i would really appreciate getting my windows functioning again.

#7 ·
take your switches apart and clean the contacts.i have to do that every couple of years.the hot and ground both go through the switches.any one terminal can stop it from working.carefully pop the back off of the switch and clean the thing out and scrape eack contact clean.this is what i have foind to be the problem 80% of the time

#11 ·
So is using strips of a brown, paper bag. That's what I always used for finishing touches on points in the distributor.

Tyler, about your last post time, son and D-I-L came over to help (son) with installing a new 140A alternator. The cats and dogs were already gone, and the sun was really warming things up nicely. Hope it cleared up your way, and you got to get whut needs ta be dun!!

#12 ·
Yea it quit raining up here still kinda cloudy well dark now but i managed to fix them i had to redo some connections on the plug thing that goes to the switch. A previous owner had just taped the wires together i wire crimped them and waa laa they they roll up and down. Now i just have to get the door panels back on with out messing something up lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.