El Camino Central Forum banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm starting to regret dailying my Elco at the moment. Just paid $4.50 at Costco while averaging a solid 10mpg right now with this junk Holley EFI. It's definitely hurting my wallet.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,799 Posts
Best that I can find here in NE Texas as of 3/11/22 is $3.85. Hurts, but based on what I hear from the northeast and the west, I'm feeling pretty fortunate.

·
Premium Member
5,833 Posts
Locally, I am expecting to see the electrified bikes, become the primary transportation mode for soccer, little league, and similar practices.
The big and small SUV will stay in the driveways more.
I just wish some of these assisted bikes weren't going 30 plus miles per hour or running on the sidewalks.

Or as the fellow told me a few nights ago, as I asked him if his bike lights broke.
"They work. I want to save the battery juice, so I can get home quicker."

·
Premium Member
5,833 Posts
Premium (91 octane) tonight in Dana Point, CA over $6.
One recently remodeled station regular over $6, premium about $6.36 and what might have been diesel was $6.69.

·
Registered
1960 454ci th400 61cad int. & pwr options
135 Posts
$6.48 for 91 proof yesterday. I swear there is no opportunity that the oil companies will not use to pad their profit margins. Oil price goes up $2 a barrel the price of gas goes up. Oil price goes down $50 per barrel, the price of gas goes up! If there is too much oil available, if there is too little oil available the price of gas goes up...

·
Registered
527 Posts
$6.48 for 91 proof yesterday. I swear there is no opportunity that the oil companies will not use to pad their profit margins. Oil price goes up $2 a barrel the price of gas goes up. Oil price goes down $50 per barrel, the price of gas goes up! If there is too much oil available, if there is too little oil available the price of gas goes up...
The prices of oil and gas are set by our big bank and government controlled stock markets.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,799 Posts
Actually found it for $3.75 here locally today.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The price per barrel of oil has been dropping over the last couple of days, though due to the racket of oil company pricing we probably won't see that reduction for a while. Gas prices are quick to jump up when barrels go up but slow to go down in the vice versa.

·
Registered
1984 Conquista
721 Posts
honolulu: $5.49 @ the 76 station downtown, $4.53 @ the Cosy

San Diego,Ca,,,, from what i hear on the news its $0.00 all you need to do is drill a hole in the bottom of the tank.

·
Senior Member Participating Member
1,068 Posts
$6.25 a Freakin Gallon. 91 octane @ Chevron Campbell California. 😧

·
Senior Member Participating Member
1,068 Posts
I do have a SR Zero electric motorcycle. Perfect for short trips. 😮

Reactions: chris32

·
Registered
1981 El Camino, 4-Speed w/ factory Hurst Shifter, 400ci small block
465 Posts
I just paid $4.69 for Mid-Grade in the El Camino. Yeah, I have heard every argument in the world why a small-block with GIANT 76cc low compression heads doesn't need anything more than Regular. And that I'm wasting my money with mid grade. But I want the benefits of the additives I get with Mid-Grade, so I sucked up the nut-kick and paid for the Mid-Grade fuel. Hopefully this bull crap ends!!! Right now I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home......and even when called into the office, I live only 4 miles away. All this being said, let's just stop with all this virus/cargo container/closed business/Russia war/stay home/mask wearing stuff......and get back to normal. I think at this point....we're good!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,833 Posts
There has been minor lowering in fuel prices. 87 octane is under $5.94.

Yet my apple fritter cost $5.25 this week.
Must be the cost of wheat driving it up.
They also substituted banana for the apple.

Reactions: bikerlaw
61 - 80 of 108 Posts