El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't directly a EFI question I know but relates in install of a EFI system so best place I felt for it.

factory accelerator 69 chevelle/el camino:
pedal-assembly-accelerator-1968-69-chevelleel-caminogtl-ch26679.jpg

throttle cable or similar to throttle cable I'll need to use Pro Flo 4 XT system:
LOK-XTC-1000HT_xl.jpg

I'll need a longer than factory cable to reach around to right side of Pro Flo 4 Xt and so far I haven't found a cable long enough with connection to pedal like stock they all are similar to to the lokar cable. Is my solution going to be cutting off part of pedal and welding on something that lokar cable will connect to or is there another solution?

Looking at picture of accelerator I could cut end of pedal lever off, rotate it 90 degrees, weld it back on and then it'd work I think.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Check if Lokar has a cable that will work for you. They may have something you cut to the length you need. Check out the kickdown cables as well as throttle cables for different cable ends.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
the original cable on the pedal end just had a ball, IIRC
it was about 1/4" and it sat in a plastic incert/keeper with a slit/cut in it for the cable,,
that keeper went into the hole on the pedal arm..
some had a slit/cut in the arm and not the keeper..
like this
or this
throttle cable keeper.png
seems like it would still work even with the clevis style connector on the cable..

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
as said
some had a slit/cut in the arm and not the keeper..
and the plastic keeper was made onto the cable..
I have cut a slit in them and used them for other projects...
like this
throttlecable33.jpg
heres a pic search
and then again??
maybe a heat and twist on the pedal arm is easy-er faster than cut and weld..

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
When I put the LT1 into the '84 El Camino, I got throttle cable for a '94 Caprice/Roadmaster, because that was the donor. The pedal end of the cable fit the old pedal, and sheath matched the hole in the firewall. Cable was kinda long for my throttle hookup on the left side of the intake. It would probably reach the right side, if that's why you're looking for a longer cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts