El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Accordingto the Bowties Overdrive site, this is supposed to happen with my 700R4 TVE cable.
Step 3 (Adjusting)</B>
Pressing in and holding the 'D' shaped slider release button (pictures at left and above) the inner cable housing (known as the "slider") will be released and freely slide back and forth in a range of approximately one inch. Press the "D" button and pull the "slider" all the way to its outermost (forward towards the front of the engine) position. Positioning the slider all the way out like this makes the next step, installing of the TV cable "ball" into the hole on the TV Made EZ cam, much easier to accomplish.

Well, my cable looks like the attached picture. When I press on the 'D' shaped thing it doesn't move at all and the "slider" won't move either.

Bowties adds
"Once connected, press in the "D" shaped release button, push the "slider" rearward (towards the transmission) as far as it will travel. While holding the "slider" rearward, release the "D" shaped button to "fix" the slider in this rearward most position. From the drivers seat position, press the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor. While holding the accelerator pedal to the floor, have your assistant try to rotate the carburetor/fuel injection linkage further to confirm it's getting W.O.T with the accelerator pedal."

My "slider" is already at the rear most position. Should I just be satisfied?

Jack

Attachments

· TrannyMike
2,807 Posts
If it's in the rear position already, then normally the last step would be to press on the gas pedal hard as far as it will go, the cable should ratchet and self adjust. If it's the wrong cable or the wire is stretched(which is unlikely), it won't do anything. What type of carb do you have? :beer:

· Premium Member
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's in the rear position already, then normally the last step would be to press on the gas pedal hard as far as it will go, the cable should ratchet and self adjust. If it's the wrong cable or the wire is stretched(which is unlikely), it won't do anything. What type of carb do you have? :beer:
Holley 80470 (8150 series). I have the Holley 700R4 20-121 bracket and the 20-95 cable bracket.

Any idea why the slider won't move?

· Registered
2,102 Posts
you can tell if it is correct by opening the throttle all the way from under the hood with it wide open there should be NO slack in the tv cable.any slack will cause low shift pressure and can burn your trans up.700s are very sensative to tv adjustment.with the throttle wide open try to pull the tv cable if it pulls more you need to either readjust or get the correck bracket

· Senior Member, NECOA Contributor
924 Posts
I always hate to do this, but stepping in where Mike left off. He asked what carb you had for a reason. If the carb isn't an OEM Qjet, then you do not have the right linkage geometry on the Holley linkage and you need an adapter.

· Senior Member, NECOA Contributor
924 Posts
Duh, I finished reading, so you have the correct bracketry then and were aware of that. I have seen them where the slider gets stuck. Pain in the butt, but you can get them freed up. WD-40 helps. Depending on which one you have, sometimes the teeth get damaged and can hang up the cable too.

· TrannyMike
2,807 Posts
Holley 80470 (8150 series). I have the Holley 700R4 20-121 bracket and the 20-95 cable bracket.

Any idea why the slider won't move?
Jack, I was kinda hoping you had an Edelbrock. I've worked with lots of those but not Holley's. It might be good if you call Bowtie Overdrives and tell them what you've got. They sell everything related to your problem and should be able to send you the right bracket or cable. It's got to be one or the other since it sounds like you've already addressed the lever and geometry issue at the carb. There's nothing else there, it one or the other. Here's the link. :beer:
http://www.tvmadeez.com/

· Registered
2,102 Posts
i took the throttle arm from a qjet and welded it to the holley and can use all of the stock brackets and cables on holley carbs and high rise intakes i use the olds throttle bracket as it bolts to the carb stud and has the correct geometry for 200r4/700r4:nanawrench:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.