El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i just picked up a 1970 Pontiac LeMans Sport and it had some crappy late model truck seats in it, i dont really want to buy original buckets because i dont want to restore them and they can be super expensive. so my question is, have any of you had experiences with the procar 1300 highback bucket seats? if so what all did you have to buy to make them fit? pictures are also much appreciated! thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
just put a set in my 70 camino. fit good and look good.

they sell brackets to install in the different cars, but you have to order them. i just made my own brackets from some plate steel i had.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just installed some ProCars in my '71 Camino, but they were a slightly different style. I chose THESE because I wanted the original looking stitching with the bolster & support of newer seats.

Like "bad" said, they sell brackets that fit with your particular car. I don't have a welder yet, so I just bought them, and that worked fine.

I don't have a ton of great pics yet, but there's a few decent ones HERE, HERE, & HERE. Let me know if you have any questions.

Have fun!

-Steffen

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
Andrew , In July of 04 I installed the Procar 1000 seats and brackets . They are just like Steffens , except in gray velour . I do not have an upholsterer around where I live and wanted new material . They are still in great shape ( I often use slip covers to protect them ) and for me , very comfortable once I`m seated . I`m 5 ft. 9 in. and weigh 170 lbs . and they are a great fit , provide good support but for a larger person I don`t think they would be as comfortable because of the bolstered sides . The only thing I don`t like is getting in and out because of the seat bolster . If I had to do it over again I would get the Procar 1300 you are looking at . I purchased mine from Summit Racing along with the brackets . Perfect fit and easy installation .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts