El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 85 Conquista with tan (saddle?) vinyl interior. The headliner looks like a bad replacement and is vinyl also. Is this the proper material or should I look for fabric? Does anyone know of a supplier of the fabric.

Incidentally, the sunvisors are fabric. Tired, but fabric. Would also like to replace those.

Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
158 Posts
it should be a cloth type material the same as your sun visar
someone redid my head liner too and used a brownish type vynal very sad job . i got the interior from a 87 monte it was burgundy i got the dash ,visors, pillar covers ,door panels ,kick panels and the carpet all for $40. what a deal . i bought a burgundy fleece blanket from wal-mart for $8. and 2 cans of spray contact cement .and redid the headliner myself if i didn't tell you you would think it was a factory job it turned out real good .the newer dash cluster with the tac and guages is a nice touch too .
my tip is to use lots of glue and follow the instructions on the can .

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
I got the vacuum formed plastic precovered in factory matching material including the replacement clips for the plastic trim molding from Honest Charley. I really like it and it fit like a champ. One person install too. Headliner They also have replacement sun visors too.

·
Banned
881 Posts
There were no vinyl headliners in 5th gen Elkys from the factory. But, I have seen a couple redone in vinyl and they looked pretty cool.

I just got my headliner and visors recovered at a local auto upholstry shop. He used the same foam backed cloth material on the visors and headliner. It cost me $125 and I did the R&R.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well when i bought mine,,,, it was so ragedy that i tore everything down.... i just went the fabric store bought some vinyl material and went the junkyard, found an elky with an headliner still up, took it out and used the board for my material, put it up and it looks pretty good in vinyl, only maybe one rough spot around the dome light but, if you weren't looking for it you wouldn't find it....

everything only cost me around $50 including the adhesive spray... and it took about about 1hr in labor...

PLUS I CAN SAY I DID IT MYSELF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts