El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exploring my options and I'm about to pull the trigger. Eaton or Richmond?

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Exploring my options and I'm about to pull the trigger. Eaton or Richmond?

If you don't spend it your lady sure will. Bring home a new engine it will only hurt for a week.;:secret::secret:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't spend it your lady sure will. Bring home a new engine it will only hurt for a week.;:secret::secret:
I already did that. I even have a backup 383. She knows what I'm doing.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are running a 383 now ??
Yep. Did this swap last year but my backup 383 is more of a monster than the one in my car now. I can easily get this one up to 5,000 rpms but I'm trying to put my power to the ground.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Eaton! Just cuz I like their name lol

Eaton Posi. Think about it :beer:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steelbeast, are you still running the 7.5 rear end ? A 383 is gonna put some pretty good torque on that little ring gear if it's the 7.5.....I tore up an 8.5 rear with the 406., but they are usually pretty tough.
Yea I am but I haven't stomped it from a dead stop yet. I always like to get a little roll before I put it to the floor.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
use good axles and stay away from slicks it will live a long time,just dont shock the diff. thats what usually breaks them

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I hope you have AAA.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
as far as i know yukons didnt come 7.5. should be 8.5 and 8.5 parts wont go into a 7.5. a 30 spline 8.5 will take a lot of abuse a 7.5 with good axles will take a lot of power without slicks.slicks will break a 7.5 with more 350 hp. i ran a 500 hp 406 for ten years and the only time i broke it was with slicks and it took 3 passes in the low 11s to do it. took 3 teeth in a row off of the pinion

1 - 19 of 19 Posts