El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a rough idea of what it costs to get a Quadrajet rebuilt by Mountain Man Carbs? I just bought a 1983 Caprice Classic Wagon and I am looking at getting it running better. Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think under $300 these days ?

Ask them at
Mountain Man Fuel Systems
Ted & Ardell Lowe
479-639-2022
[email protected]
Thanks for the contact info. That's what I was afraid of. I only paid $450 for the car...

It starts and runs but sputters and pops when it gets more than about half throttle. I checked the plug wires, but haven't had a chance to pull the plugs and replace them yet. Hoping to be able to get that done tonight.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Screenshot_20190213-085556_Messenger.jpg
I just bought a Computer Controlled Carb from them. I haven't sent my core in yet. This is the 2nd carb i've bought from them. The 1st one gave me 300k miles of trouble-free performance.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! That's actually not too bad now that I think about it. It would certainly get things together faster than me trying to futz around with it.

I am just planning on using the car as a parts hauler and around town beater. It is going to replace my little 85 Nissan pickup. So beefier rear springs and a front end refresh and I should be good to go. Then I need to pull the entire interior out, replace the mildewed carpet and clean everything in there.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,708 Posts
They don't look to bad when you get them back from them !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
$300 is a excellent deal for one that's done right. I've heard a lot of good things about that company.. I've had good results using Cliffs Quadrajet but he's very busy usually..

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had mine done, just a plug-play type installation. Runs so much better. I dont know what he does magical but it works.

Robert Jordan
Winnsboro Texas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts