El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to install my quarter windows but when I got the El Camino it was in pieces so I need help. I included some pictures of the clips I think go on the glass but they don't seem to position the glass correctly. Clip B matches holes at the bottom of the glass and it looks like the glass fits between the tabs, but the glass sits too high that way. Does it just push against the glass? Clip C seems to be OK. Do clips A fit at the rear of the glass? Also a question about the lower outer seal (felt). On one end there is a rubber flap that sticks out. Does this flap go on top of the body or tuck under the seal? It only seems to fit properly on top of the body but I've never noticed this on other El Caminos.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Couldn't find my picture, but this is what I remember and what it looks like. Clip B bottom and just pushes against the glass with plastic interior resting between tabs. Clip C front of quarter window on pillar to hold glass, and clips A are mounted on back to hold glass against sealant. The rubber flap goes on outside toward the back and the long rubber side of course by the glass. The flap mounts on top.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn't find my picture, but this is what I remember and what it looks like. Clip B bottom and just pushes against the glass with plastic interior resting between tabs. Clip C front of quarter window on pillar to hold glass, and clips A are mounted on back to hold glass against sealant. The rubber flap goes on outside toward the back and the long rubber side of course by the glass. The flap mounts on top.
Thanks Youngstorm. Thats what I thought but you have to remove the glass to install the seal (felt) and I only what to do this once.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Youngstorm. Thats what I thought but you have to remove the glass to install the seal (felt) and I only what to do this once.
This is what I've got. The rubber flap seems best out from under metal (first photo), but the right side doesn't line up as well as the left. I guess alittle force is required, or a big hammer.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes the first pic 003 is correct. The whole outer flap should be on top of body. I think I had to fiddle a little with them to get them to fit tight also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more question. I am using butyl tape to install the glass. Should I put the tape across the bottom of the glass against the seal where the screws are?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes, the bottom of glass should have sealant or tape if that is what you choose. I used a sealant/adhesive and not butyl tape. It is better in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts