El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Keyser, have you got any updates about using the 92'-up Crown Vic 21mm rear sway bar in the 5th gen.?

Doug

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sir (cough,cough :poke:), I thought you posted (maybe on another site!): Ford Crown Vic Rear Sway Bar Rear sway bar from 92'-up Crown Vic., Town Car, Marquis, cop cars is 21mm. Bushings already on the bar [no slit]. Get axle tube braces from a 3rd. gen. Camaro, end links from the ford, you must fab your own flat frame brackets.
This is on the same note paper as the crossmember so I was sure such a good tid-bit was yours!!!

Doug

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
Sir (cough,cough :poke:), I thought you posted (maybe on another site!): Ford Crown Vic Rear Sway Bar Rear sway bar from 92'-up Crown Vic., Town Car, Marquis, cop cars is 21mm. Bushings already on the bar [no slit]. Get axle tube braces from a 3rd. gen. Camaro, end links from the ford, you must fab your own flat frame brackets.
This is on the same note paper as the crossmember so I was sure such a good tid-bit was yours!!!

Doug
well, altho I do go on the paper, it embarasses me greatly to admit that this one isn't mine. Sounds like something I'd come up with, but wasn't.

is ok OTS, I have been humiliated before.

:???: :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Time for some research I guess! Thanks Keyser!

Doug

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
How strange..a Furd part to be installed on a El Camino. There oughta be a freakin law......

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found the thread!! It over on MonteCarloSS! : Ford Rear Sway Bar, 4/25/2011, @2:10 AM, Tech. discussion-Rolling chassis.
That bar might be a bit large (21mm) for the 5th gen. El Camino.....?
Doug

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
post a link doug, it would go pretty well with the 34 mm camaro front bar (like on my elkie), wouldn't it? :dontknow:

I mean like came stock on my elkie, since it's all stock

:secret:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
I found the thread!! It over on MonteCarloSS! : Ford Rear Sway Bar, 4/25/2011, @2:10 AM, Tech. discussion-Rolling chassis.
That bar might be a bit large (21mm) for the 5th gen. El Camino.....?
Doug

soooo........running around with other sites are you?????? :poke:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was before I got "involved" here!:poke:

Doug

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone think of fitting a Panhard bar from a Camaro / Firechicken to an Elky?
Not with my triangulated four-link rear suspension. If I had a torque-arm I might.

Doug

1 - 17 of 17 Posts