El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 86 elky. and i wanna lower it. but i don't know what spring company to go with. i am leaning towards hotchkiss. i am looking for an 1" to an 1.5" drop all the way around.

·
1,867 Posts
Their are alot of companies out there with good springs, Eibach & Edelbrock are a few. Do some research & let us know what you found out. :cool:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I got a set from Performance suspension -- usually have a full page ad on the back cover of Chevy High Performance mag. They drop the car about 1" which is a pretty decent stance for a daily driver. You might also check shox.com.

·
1,867 Posts
nowukno, does that include shipping?

C

·
0 Posts
I just installed the Eibach 1" lowering springs in my 87 ElCamino. The car handles much better and I'm happy with the stance, but the rear is too soft. I slap my dirtbike in the back and it looks like I'm dragging ass. Although I think they may have been designed to continue using the rear air shocks that came stock and I've swaped them out for some better standard Bilsteins. I'm going to try installing some air bags inside the springs to help when I have a load, hopefully that works out well. It is my understanding that Eibach makes the Edelbrock springs, could be wrong though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey guys, If i want to give my elky (85 ss) that awesome "dragster" look, ya know where the front is lower than the rear, could i just put in lowering springs in the front? If so, how low? 1 inch? what cost am i looking at? thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
allright! thanks man, i have some friends that can help me out on installing those chunks, should prove entertaining!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey mrapii, Jegs only has 1 inch drops :-( where can i find a 1.5 - 2 inch front springs? Ive looked at ecparts, el camino store, eibach, and honest charley, couldnt find em! Any sites? or could i go up to advance auto parts (or something) and ask if they have em?

thanks

·
Registered
432 Posts
86camino said:
i have an 86 elky. and i wanna lower it. but i don't know what spring company to go with. i am leaning towards hotchkiss. i am looking for an 1" to an 1.5" drop all the way around.
I'm planning on the Hotchkis Preformance "TVS" + thier tubeular A-arms. It'll lower the front 1.75 inch and lower the rear 1 inch. I highly recomend Hotchkis's "TVS".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts