El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the California region but not in the southern calif area.in northern calif 100 miles north of San fran so my question is what's a guy to do for anything to do when So Call is so far away and that's where all the California stuff happens. Is there a sub group or anything like that, Would love to hook up with other nor cal elky people.
Help !!!!! Could I or is there a nor club or group love to start one to help all the nor cal guys.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
..Dude,I was just in your town today at walmart, took the wife to Koles,and I notice that McDonals on perkins is tore down.Lake Mendocino was Packed to the hilt..:beer:
:beer:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gilby
Nice to hear from someone local!
If your ever around again let me know,meet you some place in town and elky talk .
The Micky Ds is down and. Getting a new set up .
Hope to talk soon.are you comming over to the car show? I'm in I think I have not heard back yet room for 300 cars ,hope I applyed in time.
Rick. :beer:

·
6,307 Posts
Gilby
Nice to hear from someone local!
If your ever around again let me know,meet you some place in town and elky talk .
The Micky Ds is down and. Getting a new set up .
Hope to talk soon.are you comming over to the car show? I'm in I think I have not heard back yet room for 300 cars ,hope I applyed in time.
..When,where, and what time..??:beer:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hey Gilby and Rick! I'm a bit further away from you guys than you are from each other, but i live out in Tracy(just over the altamont pass), not but an hour and a half away. I've only participated in a local car show here in town, and our tuesday night 20 car gatherings at the Jack'n the box, but i'm interested in anything we can put together for Elco's for the bay area or sacramento area (with the misses approval of course.....she can get a bit jealous of my 47 year old girlfriend)
Hope to hear from you guys, and any others we can round up here in the northern territory.

·
6,307 Posts
..There a rumor thats spreading around,that theres a get together at old Sac. sometime soon..:dontknow:
..I talk to the wife and she has sunday and mondays off,but,I'm game for saturdays.:beer:
..And sometimes,we ( the wife and I) meet up in San Jose with "Sharp71 and the gang..:beer:
:beer:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gilby
Are you comming over to the car show 14 th and or the 15th? If you do we can hook up and talk than,what do you think? Let me know.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Hey, is the ground still shaking out there?

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,696 Posts
Ricks68 , I enjoyed reading your comment on trying to get something going in your area . I am way over in the Fl. Keys but wanted to commend and encourage you on your efforts . Just a few years ago Skinyfisher and I met at a NECOA event that had a few participants but then a drought of participation set in and we lost our Director . We kept attending events and contacting members to where we now have a good solid group attending , like our September Gainesville Racetrack event that member Steve ; 87next2last1 , thought up , organized and so far has 30 Caminos committed . I honestly do not mean this to brag but to show that with your efforts you can do the same . There are probably way more members in your general area than here in Florida . The revitalization of NECOA has improved so much in helping support our efforts and contact members . So good luck to you . :You_Rock:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gilby if you come over the night of the 14th after 5:00 pm there's a lot of cars at the applebees parking lot a band it's the pre op to the car show on the 15th of which I hope I'm in have not heard yet. But if you. Come over on the 15th to the car show find me the only 68 two tone white and silver elky you'll find:beer:

Lenny thanks for the words of hope,don't have a whole lot of time but I hope I can get a few things going out here.give it the good old chev try!

·
6,307 Posts
...Ok,but,lets make it 5:30,the "Wifeofgilby" wants to hang out with us,and she don't get off of work until 4:30..:beer::beer:

·
6,307 Posts
Hey Gilby and Rick! I'm a bit further away from you guys than you are from each other, but i live out in Tracy(just over the altamont pass), not but an hour and a half away. I've only participated in a local car show here in town, and our tuesday night 20 car gatherings at the Jack'n the box, but i'm interested in anything we can put together for Elco's for the bay area or sacramento area (with the misses approval of course.....she can get a bit jealous of my 47 year old girlfriend)
Hope to hear from you guys, and any others we can round up here in the northern territory.
..there is soppose to be a get together in Old Sac. comming up soon,I don't know the dates yet,but when I do,so will you and everybody else,it sounds like fun..:beer::beer:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
If you need Help..................

My friends, please let me know if and when you need assistance with letting folks know that you want them to come to the get-together. I can mass-mail our members in the area to let them know.........................Ken :dontknow:

·
6,307 Posts
My friends, please let me know if and when you need assistance with letting folks know that you want them to come to the get-together. I can mass-mail our members in the area to let them know.........................Ken :dontknow:
...Cool,Thanks Ken..:beer::You_Rock:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey fellas, just wanted to drop by and show my support for getting something together up here. I'd love to know if anything is happening because I will definitely be there, I've been wondering the same thing as Rick for a while. I'm a little ways down from you fellas but I have family up in SR. Getting tired of seeing all these beamers... My Elky and I don't really fit in with the Marin crowd (I think they're just Jealous). :cali:

-Ian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts