El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to buff this out and I think this is the best it will look. Should I paint it with high temp. primer then high temp silver in the pic. The color looks the same by the top color. It's blazzzn out and now would be the time . What would you do? I'm saying paint but I don't want it to look bad.:dontknow: I'm good with a rattle can.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
With everything you are doing, it might be the one thing that doesnt look perfect.

Go for it with the paint.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just so happen to have a can of high temp black gloss. Will avdvise:beer: That's going to be one black motor. Black it all out?????????:secret::secret:

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Come on people, why would anyone paint their intake black?:dontknow::lildevil:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Mine has added horse power ! all the engines i do we paint them black even the Aft market intakes, have that nascar look ,Oh look you must have one of my High horse power engines !! good for you .:beer:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Now hkd, i got black valve cover, as you do. And i painted my intake manifold black too. I will post a pic so you can see what it looks like.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
I would vote for black too. You'll be flying under the radar and probably no one will notice "edelbrock".

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Here ya go. im no good with out visuals....

it is a low profile look. its not a pop out look like the silver, or grey.

·
Registered
532 Posts
personally, i would hit it with some acid(aluminum brightener) and clear it acid will take all that nasty off.
mothers makes a wheel cleaner/brightener that smells like cinnamon that will make that intake look like brand new aluminum(or you could polish it):beer:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts