El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I don't own an 80's camino, but I imagine they should mate up just fine. After all, whats the worst that could happen?:asthanos:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I found one "for an '87-'88" so I just bought it. Now I hope it will fix the problem of the old one being erratic and running about 30% fast! This is a very stock Elky, so I can't imagine anyone has messed with drive/driven gears or rearend ratios.

·
Registered
1984 GMC Caballero
2,206 Posts
check to see if it has one of the tranducer attachments on the cable near the trans, I have had one go bad and twist the cable. I think it happened again but haven't had time to check

·
Supporting Member
4,713 Posts
Thanks! I found one "for an '87-'88" so I just bought it. Now I hope it will fix the problem of the old one being erratic and running about 30% fast! This is a very stock Elky, so I can't imagine anyone has messed with drive/driven gears or rearend ratios.
Tire size can also throw off the speedo, but usually not that much. My bet would be the trans gears are not matched to the rear end. Could have had some trans work done in the last 27 yrs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.