El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas, I was just wondering what this part was? It is leaking, and seemingly has no vacuum sucking on it. ( That could be a whole 'nother issue ) I was wondering if this was the cause for my a/c to be "not so cold" but did not know if these hoses went to the heater core or not. (My hypothesis is that the diaphragm is no longer closing and the cold air is mixing with hot due to hot coolant in the heater core.)

Anyone know what this is and where it goes?

-Martin

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
It's a vacuum operated valve to shut off the water flow to the heater core when your A/C is on MAX, and possibly other times, as well. You COULD omit it, but it's not a real expensive piece, from what I hear.

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
Heater control valve...run thru all the selections on the control panel and see if/when there is vacuum

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do I need to bleed the coolant system in anyway if I were to replace the control valve? (and possible the hoses?)

-Martin

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Nope, install and refill,,, what I do when doing a coolant flush & refill,, remove the thermostat, fill the radaitor until the coolant level reaches the themostat level, install the themostat and gasket,, no air trapped at all,, matty man

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know I would be able to tell if i turned the engine over, but which way does that coolant flow? does it go into the heater box after hitting the control valve? Should the fluid flow toward the firewall, or away?

-Martin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts