El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 84 El Camino and i just rebuilt a 350 to put into. I added a highrise intake, 600cfm carburator, and patriot shortie headers, the engine is rebuilt so the guts are all new but the parts are stock replacements no performance. I got a radiator but i think i got it too small so my engine heats up a little too much, i haven't ran it for too long so it hasn't overheated on me yet but i am trying to prevent that from happening.

Does anybody have any good suggestions on what radiator i can use? Size, brand, & material.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Also, check the fan clutch. If you are running the a/c, and the clutch isn't fully engaging when it gets warm enough your engine temp will definitely get up there. My 350, is a a whole different bird since it's made for the more performance end of things, but with my big radiator, and no a/c it became quite apparent when the fan clutch when out on mine, and I was using a 180 degree thermostat. Granted it happened in July, so it was relatively hot outside for PA. Although this happened about 4 years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts