El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saved the above mentioned supports off of my '73 and wondered if anyone has used them on their 5th gen Elky. Many years ago, I bought the F-41 swaybar stuff from a guy on Ebay but I didn't ever get the radiator criss cross things...... I just never bought into it. In my mind, the ones I have off the '73 add WAY more support than those radiator jobs.

In case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, the braces went from the front corners of the radiator support back to the cowl area and met at a point in the center. They were round tubes pinched on the ends and the pinched ends were the mounting points.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,714 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I was referring to the long bars in the picture. I don't know, it seems he defeated the point of the braces by putting bends in them.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Jeff - Those cowl-to-radiator support bars and designed that way so that they do not interfere with the short fender to radiator support. The two sets cross each other, so there had to be an offset (bend) for them both to fit in the same space. I'm looking for a set of those for my 5th Gen.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff - Those cowl-to-radiator support bars and designed that way so that they do not interfere with the short fender to radiator support. The two sets cross each other, so there had to be an offset (bend) for them both to fit in the same space. I'm looking for a set of those for my 5th Gen.
Ah ha, that makes sense.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts