El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to swap my 383 in the '78......probably have it done by the time i retire in 30 years...anyway wanna up grade the radiator.....be cool and griifin have entered the race...but any one know anything about afco radiators? they appeal to the cheap SOB in me

·
Banned
881 Posts
What about a Modine 951? It is the stock replacement aluminum radiator for 1991 IROC Camaros with 350s and auto trans. It drops right in place and the only thing you have to do is slightly tweak the lower tranny line. They're around $140 at Autozone.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
26 Posts
87ElCamino said:
Yes. Same width and hose locations, but like I stated above the only thing you have to do is slightly tweak the lower tranny line. It's got plastic tanks and an aluminum core. You'll get better cooling, and it's 5 lbs lighter than the stock radiator.

http://www.radiatorexpress.com/product.asp?part_id=1704&aaia_id=1035739

sorry to post this here,but figured id post to save you guys some coin if interested,i have 3 of these exact same radiators {remember ima 3rd gen fbody fan :D } 50 bucks or something ,there all in great shape i might be putting one in my sprint,we'll see. also putting LT1 dual fan setup on it

·
1,867 Posts
You can get a 3 core replacement at Autozone for 70.00

·
Registered
118 Posts
87ElCamino said:
Elkzzilla said:
87 is that rad a 2 or 3 core?
It's a single core aluminum radiator. It is more efficient than the two and three core OEM replacements and it's lighter.

dumm ? sorry i knew the answer to the question but my brain was out of town at the time :oops: but thanks 4 the reply :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts