El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting my 83 back to original if I can. Does anyone know what the original radio looked like? Probably a tape player style. I know I do not have many posts but I have been working on mine since I purchased it in 1990. I can't post pictures yet, 25 posts are a lot of posts before I can sell extra parts.
Joe

·
National Director
1965 El Camino
777 Posts
What I did when I had a 78 was keeping checking E Bay. It gave me an idea what I needed and I found the prices had big variations.

·
Deputy National Director
9,552 Posts
I can't post pictures yet
Yes you can post pics

Start your post and normal and then click on the insert image icon.

It will pop up telling you to drag an image there or click. If you drag and drop it, you will see it show up in your post. If you click, it will allow you to navigate to where it is on your computer.

Then just click the image so it adds the file name for you, then click on open.

Finish adding any content and then simply post your reply.

Reactions: Old Bear

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will take a picture of what I have tomorrow and get back to you all
Thank you, Joe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting information from all. I think I found the radio. the one with the knobs on it sitting loose in the car. .Photos of all 4 attached, They all have the same Chevy/GM connectors on the rear for speakers and power. I will have to find out what the others go to.
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The black ones got phased in during the mid ‘80s. ‘86 was their first year in El Caminos.
Patrick

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you know what other models had the large black ones, I plan to sell them all and have been keeping notes as I go to car shows. I will also check Ebay and test them before I put them up for sale. New dash next year so I am collecting all the parts now.
Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts