El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
might be the duct tape. do you have both powers to the radio,key hot and constant ? some radios wont play without them both

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i have the pioneer in mine , make sure you have the two powers and the grounds. do any of the lights lite up ?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the factory yellow to the pioneer red, the factory orange from the seperate plug to the pioneer yellow.the gray i believe is the dash lights

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
if you have it as you stated harness first i think you have it wired wrong, the car orange has to go to the radio yellow and the car yellow to the radio red

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's been a while since I've wired a radio, but isn't there also supposed to be a ground wire that runs right from the radio housing to ground, like from a screw on the back of the radio to a screw under the dash?

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember the wires that connect to the wiring harness for the speakers, lights and power, etc. and then an extra wire by itself from the radio to the car ground. Maybe that's just my radio.

Good luck!
Mark

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Are you sure this new radio works? Is it it new or something you picked up used?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts