El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,556 Posts
Man it sure had that 70s look to it!!!!:nanawrench:
It looks like mine and yours were from the same show. Mine was in San Jose before I got it in Texas.

Donny

·
Registered
117 Posts
how hard was the decision to paint? that was a one of a kind.
how many articles was it in?
did your dad do the work?
very cool ride
especially the interior

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
Far out man. Groovy
I got the black light and the posters going on, put on my bell bottoms and my tie dyed tee shirt.
Man did this bring back some memories Thanks
Super great looking Elky no wonder you're so proud.
:You_Rock:

·
Registered
501 Posts
love the way the paint wrapped into the engine bay

way cool man!!!!!!!!!!!

ron

·
Registered
434 Posts
X2 About the decision to paint

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Man, it would be cool to see that car redone like that again sometime. Even the air shocks and wide 50 series tires on Cragar S/S's and sidepipes! 70's style is coming back in fashion, car-wise anyway, hope the clothes never come back. Looking at 70's catalogs is so hilarious, what were people thinking? That's the worst dressed decade ever! I'm lucky, I was only a little tyke in the 70's so I don't really remember it!

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,722 Posts
Love the vintage car show pics. Really takes me back to when my dad would take me to shows back in the day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was awesome being picked up from elementary school on a rainy day in that car, the whole interior thing was for points in the shows...notice the rotary phone in the console, hey pork chop sideburns were cool then also. when I took it over and brought it up to date, I slammed it so low that We had to cut off the header flanges and weld the exhaust solid and take a tranny jack and two torches the heat the headers and move them up....so that I could make it up a driveway...running 275' in the rear and 245's on the front on 15/8 corvette rally's, those tires were tucked, had to modify the inner wheelwells. Re did the interior and painted it yellow....I am older now....it doesn't sit that low

Check out some of our other cars.....and remember think of the years that they were built
http://www.youtube.com/user/hurleyracing1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts