El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1981 Elky that I am redoing. I really like the old muscle car look with the a$$ up in the air. Currently I can blast my air shocks and get the look I want, but I would like to eventually shift to a standard type shock for a btter ride quality and I would like the jacked up look to be more permanent. I know I will get ridiculed for this but I was thinking about these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1c0f37976a

Let me know your opinions on this type of spacer, and what my other options are. Also, I will be carrying my street bike in the back of the Elky so I have every intention of getting the Moog cargo springs and an airbag kit for overloading.

Thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
yea you can use them to pickup the springs, if you do pickup the heavy duty coil springs like you say then that will also pick it up more. the air shocks are just for picking the body up and if you start putting any kind of weight it wont hold the weight very well.

you also need to remember when you pick the back end up a decent amount you need to watch things like the exhaust and brake lines, ive seen road movement make them rub or break, and also watch the u-joints. when you pick the rear end up it puts more strain on the joints being at a steeper angle and they will wear out quickly on stock ones

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do realize what you are saying about the air shocks and that is why I was considering a "more permanent" fixture. What would you say would be the max angle to watch for on the pinion u-joint? Thanks krok

1 - 3 of 3 Posts