El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Stupid answer? Just throw one in the back next to the shovel!:poke:

But seriously, cheap way air shocks. Or a better way Airlift 1000 air bags inside the rear coil springs. Or drop spindles in the front.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
rake is the angle from front to back. Pump up the rear shocks all the way for that angled look.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Are you giving away your age?

Although I can't find it right now, there is a web site dedicated to 70's cars. Something like "UpInBack.com" or some such thing.

I'm not finding it.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I put a rake on my 64 by installing Monroe Load levelers and heavier springs. Then I installed 225 R60 tires up front and 255R70 in the rear. IMHO it is perfect. Looks cool, rides nice and has stock spindles. The other reason for the big tures in the rear (291/2" tall) was to
"kill" my rear ratio a bit

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
One thing to remember, if you raise the rearend too high, it throws the cg farther forward and thereby, adding extra weight to front suspension parts. I have the stock suspension front and rear with 225/70-15 in the front and 235/70-15 in the rear. Just a little rake but thats what i like 2012-03-06 16.39.04-1.jpg :texas:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Easiest way is smaller tires up front and bigger in back. But you could also remove your front shocks lol. Not recommended...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I input is lower the front don't raise the back. just make sure that you're front springs are stiff enough that you don't bottom out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have heated old springs once to drop the car down to see exactly how low I wanted it, then had springs made to match the old ones. Worked out perfect. Or you could use V6 springs and drop a V8 in a get the same effect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts