El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More good news for our California friends. This refinery, when operating at capacity, produces 8% of California's gasoline. It is currently operating at 20% capacity.

From the article...

The potential ramp up of Exxon Mobil’s massive refinery in Torrance, California will be delayed after a state regulatory hearing on the matter was pushed back indefinitely.

The South Coast Air Quality Management District said it delayed the hearing scheduled for Wednesday morning to further study the matter and ensure the health of residents living near the Torrance refinery is protected when the refinery increases production. No new date has been set.

Partly because of the pinch on refining, California is coping with the highest gasoline prices in the nation at an average of $3.35 a gallon on Sunday, compared to a $2.25 average in the Houston area, according to a GasBuddy survey data.

Exxon Mobil was hoping to increase gasoline production as soon as late September after the refinery was damaged in an explosion on Feb. 18. Exxon filed an application in mid-August to restart an old piece of equipment, called an electrostatic precipitator, or ESP, while equipment damaged in the blast is still being repaired. The refinery is currently operating at 20 percent capacity.

Read the entire article here.

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
That refinery converted to some cleaner equipment.
That new equipment was destroyed in the explosion and fire.

The old equipment is on site, and Exxon wants to be able to roll back several years to that.
I have not heard that they placed an order for replacement of the new equipment.

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
That refinery converted to some cleaner equipment.
That new equipment was destroyed in the explosion and fire.

The old equipment is on site, and Exxon wants to be able to roll back several years to that.
I have not heard that they placed an order for replacement of the new equipment.

I sell a lot of material that goes to that plant and they haven't been buying any of my Electrical products.:dontknow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts