El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
7,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is part of a message I received from John Mitchell, Ecrancher on the Forum. John is located near Canton, Texas. He was looking for a way to get the word out about these rare Black Knights, and that one is available if any member is interested. Please contact John (Ecrancher) [email protected] direct for further information.................Ken
...I've located 3 of the approx. 2,900 Black Knights manufactured. Bought two in Wichita KS area and hauled them back to Canton. Planning to at least partially restore these. Both have been sitting for years and need work although low mileage - 32K and 85 K miles. There's another Black Knight listed in the St Joseph MO Craigslist which appears to be complete and in very good condition for $10K. Would buy it myself if could afford it. Wondered if some of the members might be interested in it as it's unlikely many EC collectors will run across the ad as I did. Haven't been involved in chat rooms, etc. so not sure how to get the word out.

·
Silver Contributor Participating Member
461 Posts
Hey Ken - are you sure they were called black night, because I also see non-black cars with the same trimmings and those as well as the black ones called 'Royal Knight'?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
There were black knights, and then there were royal knights. Black knights seem to be much more rare.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The Black Knight is a Marvel comic superhero. Wanna bet who sued GM in 1978 over that moniker.

·
Registered
643 Posts
When I was in high school I worked at a service station. The owner had a 76 El camino , and a new 78 black night .That's how I got interested in these crucks , the black night was my favorite, except the owners son wanted to win trophy's , he removed all the emblems and painted it pearl white .

·
0 Posts
When I was in high school I worked at a service station. The owner had a 76 El camino , and a new 78 black night .That's how I got interested in these crucks , the black night was my favorite, except the owners son wanted to win trophy's , he removed all the emblems and painted it pearl white .
I bet he wishes he didn't remove the emblems. I know someone who has one locally. His brother is a member here in the Dallas area but he rarely logs on.
I checked it out and it looks like it was a northern car because it had factory a/c, radio, and other things removed. There were even delete plates on the vents. I thought that was weirdbut haven't bothered to ask him about the rarity since he drives it daily..

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Were there only 1200 made? Side decals are incomplete. Black interior?

·
Registered
643 Posts
The one I can remember of had ,tan interior, floor console, shifter, with bucket seats, and and full striping on exterior .

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
A lot of people will pay a premium for the odd and rare. A one-year-only offering is cool in my book, especially knowing that model was cancelled due to a lawsuit. I'd pick one up if the condition was right and I had the spare room.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Small side note here, was thinking of naming my creation Dark Knight several years ago::::::::::: till the batman franchise took the name.

I remember seeing a few black knights around here 20 plus years ago when I was shopping for mine. No one seemed to be parting with theirs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts