El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So fellow Texans it would seem the Geezer has seen the light.
A Bad Boy 454.
Once you go Rat you never go back.:nanawrench:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
My MOUSE is going to be lonely next year! Looks like I'll be the only MOUSE by then! :dontknow:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I guess there is an exception to every rule and I must be it. I love my Rat and my Mouse equally. (Sometime I actually like the Mouse better because it eats less Cheeze!)

My first Camino in 1972 was a '65 custom with a 283/4-speed combo salvaged from a '65 Corvette. No one in my senior high school class would ever race me because they were all afraid to get beat by "Mighty Mouse". Little did they know that I never could get those skinny little 14 inch tires to hook up in first gear and was so plagued by wheel hop and fish tailing off the line I finally gave up doing burn outs!

My first rat was a documented #'s matching 1970 ElCamino SS 396 which I restored to trailer queen status. It got to the point that I no longer enjoyed driving it because I was always afraid I'd blow up the matching drive train and I agonized over every little rock chip when I drove it. I was already thinking about selling it when I got laid off in 2004 and sent it to St Louis to pay off the mortgage on my house.

My dream car is a 1970 El Camino Custom sleeper with fuel injected small block and 700R-4. My 2006 Moustang GT only has a 281 cubic inch small block/5-speed Hurst but at 7000 rpms will eat most Rats alive with pedal to spare (if I can keep it going straight). Personally I enjoy driving my 1972 SS 350 and my 1969 SS 427. One just eats a little less Cheeze but they both bring a big smile to my face :yell:

Signed, Not Too Fast Freddie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts