El Camino Central Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
We got all the front end parts replaced Friday after work. Shoutout to Minoridertim for bringing over a pickle fork!!
Next on the list is replacing the front brake lines and new brake pads 馃槑馃弫

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
We started on the front brakes today. Tiny getting everything swapped over. Also Tiny sanded and prepped the headers off the donor elky and primed and painted them flat black with VHT header paint.
We have put a lot of time and work into this project. $$ also.
You couldn鈥檛 tell we ever touched it until today馃槑 馃帹
This one will be flat black like the last one 馃弫馃槑

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
lots of vroom vroom vroom, screeeeeeech, and black lines on pavement?:
Thanks for the reply. I certainly hope so. Can鈥檛 wait to get the exhaust finished up and install it. I鈥檒l let ya know 馃弫馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
x2
if it doesn't run right, check everything else first,
I think MtnMan usually test runs the rebuilds..
We hope to have it ready to crank tomorrow we still have to finish header install thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I've heard nothing but good reports about his work... I'm glad because Cliff isn't taking any more work..
Thanks for the reply. This is how the carb looked before and after it came back. You can clearly see the rats 馃悁 nest in the engine bay lol. It looks great馃槑

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
@Beige80 That鈥檚 great. I鈥檝e only installed 1 set of headers in my life...that鈥檚 was enough not to try it again!

What did you have to cut/grind off with the grinder?
The washer for the control arm. Just a little bit made a difference tho

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
It鈥檚 alive it runs stops and shifts like it should still have a few things to tidy up but it made it around the block and back 馃槑馃弫

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
@Beige80 The best part of your build is the father/son component. Awesome work, I see screech marks on the pavement! What carb is that? Rochester? Keep up the great work.
Thanks for following our build thread. Tiny drove it first, you couldn鈥檛 wipe that smile off his face with a $100 bill lol. And yes we did autograph the parking lot at the church across the street from our house馃憖. Yes it鈥檚 a Quadrajet we had it rebuilt by Mt.man Fuel Systems. It is a top notch rebuild and they were very knowledgeable answered all our questions. Look for update soon on a new motor build up馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Next update 馃榿
Got home from work today and Tiny has swapped the whole headlight harness out of the donor elky and into
Lumpy 2.0 had all the lights fixed and even fixed the horn... next project is going thru the rear lights...
Getting there slowly but surely 馃槑馃弫cheers 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
New news boys and girls. We took it and had the exhaust done and had a alignment also. We now have insurance 馃榿. Tiny also got the tail light harness repaired and all the lights working. We are also ordering the new tires next week. We are so close to being legal馃槑 Just need to send the title in and get our antique plates,, then it鈥檚 time for a road trip to Dallas Tx and see DDD馃弫馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
New update. We are now legal馃槑 We had it registered as a antique vehicle. So tags are good for 5 years. We also ordered new tires all the way around. We took it for a 10 mile drive this past Sunday and it did well. The steering box had a ton of slop in it so we pulled the one from the donor elky and swapped it out this evening. We are still having fuel problems so not sure what we are gonna do next???
Overall we have made amazing progress since we acquired this project. Stay tuned folks. We have some big news regarding the motor and rearend swap soon to come...cheers...馃馃槑

41 - 60 of 82 Posts