El Camino Central Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Speaking of gas gauges, my 85 G body has a weird issue with the sender. It reads half tank in the full position, and empty at the bottom. The gauge reads 0 ohms at empty and 200 at the top, but the gauge doesn't register that. I know a 0-90 is appropriate, but even with 200 ohms I can't get a full reading.

I am doing an in tank fuel pump conversion so I need a separate sender and pump assembly. Any ideas? Thanks!!
It would be better to start your own thread rather than tag someone else’s. You will have a broader base that you reach. Always Always check your power and grounds first…

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
lipstick, huh? black lipstick? is this a Goth elkie? 🤣
Not completely 😂 the bottom will be flat black and the top that is brown now will be flat white, the bed will have a roll in liner kit and the camper top will be on and off depending what we are doing and where we are going..🏁😎
Thanks for the great deal on the topper Cyberray

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just read this thread front to back… very cool progress and very cool you're doing it with your boy.

Also the very 1st picture on post 53 of this thread is very cool….. $1.39 a gallon of gas… aw the good old days.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I just read this thread front to back… very cool progress and very cool you're doing it with your boy.

Also the very 1st picture on post 53 of this thread is very cool….. $1.39 a gallon of gas… aw the good old days.
Thanks for following our build. Priceless memories right here sir🏁😎

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Today we swapped out the donated and wore out rear shocks. Got a set of KYB shocks from another member on here and the difference is like night and day. The blue shock took about 4 minutes to rebound 😂

Attachments

81 - 90 of 90 Posts