El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything special I should spray these with, or would a regular ol' can of black spray paint do the job just fine? What about prep? Just clean the grease off and go?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Rattle Can Paint

I wouldn't use regular rattle can spray paint. That type of paint does not expand and contract with the weather. They have a special interior paint made by SEM. It does not crack or peel if you prep the parts correctly. Check out their website. I used their products on my interior plastic parts and they came out great. Don't forget "PREP THE PARTS" is the main thing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I like the Dupli-Color flat black for vinyl and fabric.
Used it on mine:

Works equally well on the soft vinyl, hard vinyl and plastic parts.

·
Site Contributor, Suppporting Member
289 Posts
I have used the "Restoration Paint" rattle cans from thepartsplaceinc.com that matched up and worked very well for me.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I used Sem a year ago on all my plastic and it has held up extremely well. As ChooChoo84 stated the key to painting plastic is the prep.

·
Premium Member
9,965 Posts
I have used the SEM dye (paint) 8 years ago and it is holding up well.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I used krylon fusion plastic paint, the finish is kinda dull but it's been holding up nice for about a year now. For prep I used a scotch brite pad soaked in acetone then wiped it with a clean rag, this was on the arm rests and kick panels btw.

·
Regional Director, Region 5
1,880 Posts
I used
Dupli-color Vinyl & Fabric coating. It has held up and looked good for many many years now. As said before, clean the parts well first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts