El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1983 El Camino
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ELCOFest '22 - Presented by ELCOHaulicSS Anonymous is happening August 20th, 2022.

The event is a little bit "Meet & Greet", and a "lotta" bit "Show & Shine", and will be held at "The Barns at Nappanee" in Nappanee, Indiana. (North-Central: South Bend/Notre Dame/Elkhart area).
ALL EL Camino's and their GMC-brethren are welcome...NOT just "show trucks"!

This is our first go at an event like this (but not our first "car show rodeo") and we are testing the waters by starting off somewhat conservatively. But all indications are that it still promises to be a great show! "How great" is obviously very dependent upon the number of fellow enthusiasts that make the trip and we're doing what we can to make sure it will be well received and well worth the effort!

From what I've seen, it seems the general consensus has strongly been "we want another El Camino show" since the 60th anniversary event.
So...here it is! :cool:
(And "sorry/not sorry" if it's a bit "too far" for a lot of you...I understand it completely! But we obviously can't be "everywhere", and we're just not anywhere near ready to even think about trying the "ELCOFest Nationals" just yet! Maybe someday, but that day definitely won't come if people choose to not show up and support what's already "here and now"...)

The event website has the bulk of the information covered in great detail at www.elcofest.elcohaulicssanonymous.com.

All significant updates or changes will be made known there, as well as via an email newsletter that can be subscribed to, if anyone is interested in keeping up to date.
We're still reaching out to sponsors and hotels for anything they're willing to do for us, so stay tuned as things will likely be changing as additions come in. We will also update when the awards show up, and when the Event T-Shirt designs have been finalized and are available for advanced purchase.

There is also an event created on Facebook for it so you can view it and save it there if you're on there. Just search for ELCOFest.

We certainly hope to see many of you, our "fellow addicts" there, if you can plan to make it! It's going to be pretty awesome...I can feel it! ;) (Just praying for good weather!)

Here's the Flyer, which has the majority of the important event information on it as well:

(Front)
Font Poster Advertising Event Brand

(Back)
Product Font Poster Material property Advertising

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Hmmmmmm??? Hmmmm?? Not real far from my Dad's place in Kentucky. My sister lives in Lexington and I have uncles and cousins in Louisville. And I just did 540 trouble free miles round trip to Belton and back this past weekend.

Hm m m m m . . . . scratching head for an even longer road trip????

Rick

·
Registered
1983 El Camino
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmmmmm??? Hmmmm?? Not real far from my Dad's place in Kentucky. My sister lives in Lexington and I have uncles and cousins in Louisville. And I just did 540 trouble free miles round trip to Belton and back this past weekend.

Hm m m m m . . . . scratching head for an even longer road trip????

Rick
Would love to have you and that bad boy up here for it! The more the better!

·
Registered
1983 El Camino
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hhhmmmm,,, about 4 hours away. This could be doable, if I am not up in the UP of Michigan may have to try to make it!!.
Matty man
I hope you can make it! Looking to be a decent turnout if all those showing interest actually show up...🤞

·
Registered
81 Posts
ELCOFest '22 - Presented by ELCOHaulicSS Anonymous is happening August 20th, 2022.

The event is a little bit "Meet & Greet", and a "lotta" bit "Show & Shine", and will be held at "The Barns at Nappanee" in Nappanee, Indiana. (North-Central: South Bend/Notre Dame/Elkhart area).
ALL EL Camino's and their GMC-brethren are welcome...NOT just "show trucks"!

This is our first go at an event like this (but not our first "car show rodeo") and we are testing the waters by starting off somewhat conservatively. But all indications are that it still promises to be a great show! "How great" is obviously very dependent upon the number of fellow enthusiasts that make the trip and we're doing what we can to make sure it will be well received and well worth the effort!

From what I've seen, it seems the general consensus has strongly been "we want another El Camino show" since the 60th anniversary event.
So...here it is! :cool:
(And "sorry/not sorry" if it's a bit "too far" for a lot of you...I understand it completely! But we obviously can't be "everywhere", and we're just not anywhere near ready to even think about trying the "ELCOFest Nationals" just yet! Maybe someday, but that day definitely won't come if people choose to not show up and support what's already "here and now"...)

The event website has the bulk of the information covered in great detail at www.elcofest.elcohaulicssanonymous.com.

All significant updates or changes will be made known there, as well as via an email newsletter that can be subscribed to, if anyone is interested in keeping up to date.
We're still reaching out to sponsors and hotels for anything they're willing to do for us, so stay tuned as things will likely be changing as additions come in. We will also update when the awards show up, and when the Event T-Shirt designs have been finalized and are available for advanced purchase.

There is also an event created on Facebook for it so you can view it and save it there if you're on there. Just search for ELCOFest.

We certainly hope to see many of you, our "fellow addicts" there, if you can plan to make it! It's going to be pretty awesome...I can feel it! ;) (Just praying for good weather!)

Here's the Flyer, which has the majority of the important event information on it as well:

(Front)
View attachment 147090

(Back)
View attachment 147091
Sooooo glad you are planning this! I really enjoyed taking the Cruzino to the '19 get together and was hoping something like this would occur again. I DO plan to be joining you all in August. Its on the books.

·
Registered
1983 El Camino
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sooooo glad you are planning this! I really enjoyed taking the Cruzino to the '19 get together and was hoping something like this would occur again. I DO plan to be joining you all in August. Its on the books.
Awesome to hear! It's looking like it's going to be a decent thing I think...we'll see, but glad to hear you're planning on it!

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,532 Posts
Wow , this sounds like a great event to attend for those of you that are in driving distance . How often have you thought that if something was close enough to you that you would go and enjoy being around others that share your enjoyment of the El Camino ( and our cousins ) . Thanks to millsspec you have that opportunity . Remember that he repeats that this is not just for show cars . You do not need a tricked out ride to join in . The best way to show your appreciation for millsspec`s efforts is to simply turn that ignition key and attend ;)

Reactions: millsspec

·
Registered
1983 El Camino
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow , this sounds like a great event to attend for those of you that are in driving distance . How often have you thought that if something was close enough to you that you would go and enjoy being around others that share your enjoyment of the El Camino ( and our cousins ) . Thanks to millsspec you have that opportunity . Remember that he repeats that this is not just for show cars . You do not need a tricked out ride to join in . The best way to show your appreciation for millsspec`s efforts is to simply turn that ignition key and attend ;)
Thank you sir, I greatly, greatly appreciate that! 😊

And you are exactly right...it's NOT just for show vehicles, it's for ALL types and conditions...it's for "US" as the El Camino community as a whole! While show vehicles are going to "show vehicle", I've been doing this long enough to see and appreciate "individual effort". Being primarily a "DIY'er" myself as much as possible, I value that effort significantly. I can just about guarantee that the guy with the biggest checkbook should not be overconfident coming to this show at all. But the show itself isn't intended to be "hard core, concourse-level stuff" where we're checking bolt part numbers. It's intended to give some rewards and accolades to those that we feel deserve some recognition. Maybe someday it'll develop into a little "stiffer" competition, but for now, I'm trying to keep it simple.

I'm doing what I can to make this event as good as I can and worth attending, without completely breaking the bank doing so... It's been a bit of a struggle getting sponsors to commit, or even respond to inquiries, but I'm keeping at it! As we all know, the economy isn't stellar and that's having an impact on what prospective sponsors are willing to do, so a lot more of that falls on me.
Being the first go at this, I'm playing it as conservative as I can, but still trying to fulfill my vision of what I think this event should be. The turnout for this event will have a direct impact on determining the size and possibility of future events and will obviously really only be "as big" as the number of El Camino's that show up. But so far, the interest level is looking good, and seems to be gaining momentum. It's looking more and more like it'll be a big hit every day.

Thanks for the support and hope to see as many of you there as possible!
And please check the event website for all of the information. I've recently added Lodging information and have secured some Group discount rates at a handful of local hotels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts