El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the things that I have planned for my Elky. But I know to do it right I need to change the master cylinder to a disc/disc instead of the disc/drum that is in there now.

So the question is does anyone know who sells a disc/disc that will work on a 5th gen? Or what other G-Bodies came with disc/disc that I could use instead?

TIA

rob

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
No need to replace the m/c. There are a couple of kits out there for doing the conversion. One is Behr? It's high dollar, another, I can't remember the name either, but I have two of them. Regardless, it comes with a couple of caliper brackets to attach to the outer axle tubes. You can use late model F-body front calipers if you use a line lock for your emergency brake, or you can use mid eighties model Cadillac rear calipers with the emergency brake levers. You have to modify your cable, but the kit gives you the GM part numbers to do so. like I said, I have two of these kits I haven't had the time to install, but I will look at the instructions and give you the contact info. I think I paid about 80 bucks or so each.

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Baer and Wilwood are the systems I'm looking at. I know you can get proportioning valves but Wilwood told me it would be a good idea to change the m/c.

Shot me the info and I'll look into it. This is a project for the first part of next year but trying to do research now.

Thanks! 8)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Post the contact info where we all can see it. I've been thinking about this for a long time and I bet others have too. TIA.

·
Registered
481 Posts
what cars do you get the rotors from to use on the rear?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts