El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a 342 posi-gear in a 1985 Elky. New ring and pinion, new bearings and spacers, used posi unit. new 350/330 hp crate engine. It ran well for a few thousand miles now I have a poping noise. When it pops the back left wheel jumps.??? Any idea to what is wrong.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Change your fluid out and put some extra posi-fluid in it. Maybe the clutches are sticking. The posi-fluid helps keep the clutches in good working order. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Change your fluid out and put some extra posi-fluid in it. Maybe the clutches are sticking. The posi-fluid helps keep the clutches in good working order. Hope this helps.
X2
Get the additive, preferably from GM. :beer:

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
X2 on the adding more additive. my truck had the same issue changed fluid 80w with additive already in it still had a locking up effect on same left wheel so i add 1 more small bottle of additive and haven't had the problem. cant remember the name but got it at the local parts hut

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,948 Posts
I've heard you have to change the oil more frequently with a posi ! :dontknow:

X2 on the GM additive !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spider gear shaft bolt

:dontknow: Need to change the rear seals, and the pinion shaft bolt broke in half...... Any tips on how to get that out???

·
Registered
2 Posts
kit

Oh, thanks so much for the link...... I was going to replace the whole rear end, but, 700 is a little much......... Will purchase the kit instead!!! Thanks again!!!:You_Rock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts