El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next major step on mine is to redo the seat. It is in great shape i just want it covered in a darker material. It is a 60/40 seat. I would like everyone's opinion. I want to benefit from any good or bad experience you have had with this. Leather? Vinyl? Cloth? etc.

I am going to have it professionaly done.

I do NOT want to change the seat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
all 3 have their advantages and disadvantages. leather is more durable but to me is hot in the summer and high maintenance. cloth is cooler and warms up faster to me in the winter, just not real durable. vinyl is kinda midway between the other 2 and is relatively low maintenance. in the end it comes down tu you, your driving habits, maintenance issues, and most importantly, what you want. they all work otherwise they wouldn't have been here. i would like to have some heavy denim. match my lifestyle. LOL. good luck because it is your choice subject to your preferences. shop around and sit on all of them, you'll see and feel the pros and cons pretty quick.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In Texas, I'd opt for cloth as the most comfortable year 'round. In Florida vinyl will fry your backside if the car is in the sun, which cloth doesn't. Leather is cooler than vinyl, but really expensive and you need to be sure the guy doing the work regularly uses leather, because it's completely diferent than vinyl as far as installation goes.

·
1,867 Posts
Cloth or valour

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't recommend velour because it gets shiny as it wears and is hard to clean and keep it looking new. Your upholstery shop will have all sorts of samples to look at, but I'm kind of partial to textured cloth. It wears better and is easier to clean. The upholstery guy will be able to make a recommendation, but the styles and colors are almost unlimited.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts