El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys nned your help==redoing the front end and want to replace the springs and shocks----looking for a smooth ride with the same ride height in my 85 Elky------suggestions????/ :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
I went with KYB shocks on my front end when i rebuilt my front end, at the time i also put in energy suspension bushings, new tie rods, ball joints. i ended up leaving my stock springs in, but cut out a coil on each one. really tightened up the front end. As far as new springs i've heard good things about hotchkins and eibach springs, summit and jegs sells them as well as other places.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I'm with '81 on this, plan to lower the car just a bit to make for a tighter daily driver (not low enough for bumper sparks) On other cars, I've had good luck cutting a coil out of stock springs, but that won't work with the Chevy rears, so I'll just buy a set.

...but for stock height and ride quality, you can get replacement OEM springs. If Chevy no longer carries them, you might try Year One, they have lots of resto parts.

·
823 Posts
I got a set of front springs from a big block A body, and cut 1 coil off. Its real nice and tight, and slightly lower than stock. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts