El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll cut to the chase...

China trip in June is cancelled so I am able to host a get together in June IF there is enough interest/support...

The details:
DATE: June 16th & 17th

Saturday the 16th
Lunch at The Iowa Machine Shed

(Tentative) "Meet & Greet" with Dave Lane, builder of the 2011 Goodguys Car Of the year to view his latest project and tour his shop...(think I can arrange this Dave is a Good friend)

Participate in the River Valley car show.
Food is available at the show.

Beer around the pool after the show.

Sunday the 17th

Breakfast at The Machine Shed

Visit the home base of American Pickers (Frank & Mke) as seen on The Discovery Channel...(if there is enough interest) in Leclare Iowa about 30 minutes from Davenport.

I have a corporate rate at the newest Comfort Suites hotel @ around $80 which is just off exit #292 on Interstate 80

SO WHO'S IN ???

Arnie in Iowa

·
Registered
449 Posts
If everything goes well Im in.You sold me with the American Pickers scenario.

·
Registered
342 Posts
just found out today, that once I order my trans I'll have to wait 6-8 weeks to recieve it. so...don't think i'll be making it

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Checking with wife will just have moved so it may be a little hectic but should be able to come on over.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are joining us on the weekend of June 16th. Here are the contact details on the Hotel....

COMFORT INN & SUITES
8300 Northwest Blvd.
Davenport, Iowa 52806
Phone: 563-324-8300

Rates: (2 queens) $69.99 plus tax
(Suite) $79.99 plus tax

NOTE: You must reference "M.A. Ford" corporate rate plan

This is an almost new, high end, Comfort Inn just off Interstate #80 exit #292

Any questions or concerns my cell is 563-349-3121

Arnie in Iowa

·
Registered
802 Posts
Trannys almost done so I SHOULD be able to make it... depends on money mainly

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump ....

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump......

If we can't garner a minimum of a half dozen participants there seems to be no point in attempting this meet & greet....

Arnie in Iowa

·
Registered
802 Posts
Good luck lol. I dont even think we have 6 active Region 10 members lol

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Arnie, I am hoping to commit to this soon, but I can't just yet. In the middle of house shopping (putting in an offer tomorrow) and my Mom is in the middle of a planned move as well, so it's highly likely I will be moving or helping my Mom move that weekend (or both, yuck).

·
Registered
802 Posts
Im in a similar senario. Im lookin for a house and day job. Not to mention my tranny isnt completely done

·
Registered
421 Posts
I will have a definite tomorrow. If I am able most likely have to leave Sunday morning and not do anything that day.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Change that I should know today. Possible employer will tell me today if I have a job with them or not. That is my deciding factor.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good luck with the new job opportunity....
Hope things turn out well for you !!

Arnie

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Well Arnie, I close on the new house June 15th, so it is safe to say I will be a little busy the 16th and 17th! :Eyecrazy:

I will keep looking for some opportunities to get over there this summer!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I am in if it is still on my elky may not be pretty because I will not have time to put on a new quarter but ill be there if we are still on.

·
Registered
421 Posts
What ended up being the final word on this weekend are we on for a meet and greet or is there not enough people interested or able to make it? Trying to make plans and reservations but was unsure of the final word.

·
Registered
802 Posts
We havent had an update since may lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts