El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Director Region 14, Executive Committee Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since we've had any activity within our region. Drop a comment if you are still on the forum.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are definitely looking into having a meet-up at some point soon; however, I am trying to gauge how many people we still have active on here. We sent out the push to get members to respond to their current status and willingness to take on roles within NECOA. Now, I am just following up with my peeps in Region 14 to see the response to this thread. Hope we get more responses soon!

·
Registered
492 Posts
The site does seem to be low-activity compared to years past. I assume that some people see things on Facebook more regularly, but I'm not on there. I believe our site should be able to see data on things like the number of incoming referrals from Facebook, which might tell us more about where regular users might be hiding.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,770 Posts
If you have a meet in NW LA, you may be able to coax some of us NE Texans across the border. That is, if Blanchard will let us in. :ROFLMAO:

·
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to put on my thinking cap for lucky no. 8 El Caminos on the River, which obviously will not be in 2021. 😷 We really have not had a lot of members in Arkansas or Mississippi, so it's so hard to justify holding an event in either state. We shall see what 2022 brings! o_O

·
Registered
492 Posts
What I find frustrating is that there really are a large number of el caminos in these states. I can't imagine there is a single el camino owner in the whole world that isn't proud of their ride (even if it isn't running right now...). How do we reach all these people and convince them that it's fun to spend a saturday morning or afternoon looking at other el caminos and talking to all the (weirdo) owners? I have no answers, but it's still frustrating.

·
Registered
1979 Chevy ElCamino Royal Knight
11 Posts
I know where you are coming from. My Knight has been down for a while and unfortunately I keep setting it to the side but it pains me to see it sit there. And my dad hurt me the other day asking how long ago was it when I parked it…. 4 years ago. 😔 I miss driving the ole gall. But love to see everyone else. Back when we had a meet in Natchitoches LA we had ElCaminoGeno drive all the way down from Cave City. Anyone know how he’s been?

What I find frustrating is that there really are a large number of el caminos in these states. I can't imagine there is a single el camino owner in the whole world that isn't proud of their ride (even if it isn't running right now...). How do we reach all these people and convince them that it's fun to spend a saturday morning or afternoon looking at other el caminos and talking to all the (weirdo) owners? I have no answers, but it's still frustrating.

·
National Director
1965 El Camino,78 Caballero sold
969 Posts
Geno has come out of hibernation and you will see him coming back with a vengeance.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Still here. My EC has been down recently for a holey radiator but its warranty claimed replacement arrived earlier today. I could be mobile in the cruck again tomorrow night.

Rick

·
Deputy Director Region 14
1,643 Posts
It's been a while since we've had any activity within our region. Drop a comment if you are still on the forum.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I'm here and ready to rumble. How about I just tell you I'm around and looking forward to catching up with everyone. Arkansas here checking in. Ceno

Deputy Director - ARKANSAS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts