El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends, I received the following message from Maikel Joosten, our NECOA Regional Director for Region 24 (Europe) in Meijel, Netherlands. This is the guy who pulled in 84 Elkies at the Meijel Show/Meeting in 2009:
back in 2009 we were world largest with 84 el caminos on our show,
but i noticed that you guys hosted one in texas lately with over a 100 el caminos, congratulations
This year, however, they are hurting for funding the Show/Meet, and Maikel has sent me the following message and asked me to post it for him. Here is his message in its entirety:
dear ken

may i ask for a favor! please post this on the forum:

to all our american el camino associates
region 24, europe is crying for your help the event needs support

here's our promotional sticker for the event, the sticker costs 0,50 euro cent (each), and that money goes to the organisation of the event.
the shipping costs to the united states are 0,95 cents

that would be 1,45 euro (1,70 dollar) for a sticker including shipping to the us, we will be happy to sell these to all of you guys in america!

they might become collectors items.

for your copy send email to maikel joosten : [email protected]
or fred van rijt : [email protected]

greetings crew meijel

An image of the window sticker and a copy of the Meijel Show/Meet flyer are attached below.

Let’s be as generous as possible is assisting our brothers across the big pond. I can tell you from personal experience and knowledge that Maikel has always been as generous as any of our members when a call has went out for assistance, even contributing to the Belton Show. Help as you are able to, PLEASE.
Here is a URL to Maikel’s Photos. I put up an album on PhotoBucket so all could enjoy some of Region 24’s activities: http://s660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/kenrogers1/Region 24 - Netherlands Meeting Photos/ Below is another letter that accompanied the photos:
ken
we really go through crazy things with our el caminos club 2 years ago i got a phone call from a company doing funerals...
one of their customers had a last wish, he had brain disease and wass waiting to die he did at age 32 and another one at age 42
their wish was to be brough to their final destination on a classic el camino
i mailed my buddy's but the all scratched their heads... nobody wanted to carry a coffin with a death body
but i thought the last wish should come true for this unlucky person (i didn't know him)
i went up there and did the ride... his wish came true.
as they say on muscle car tv.... yesterdays elko haulin more then just lumber...
(strange way of expressing myself, but i'm not making fun out of the fact that he died, ok)
i saw you on the commercial... nice, i think one day will come we meet in texas.
or you as national director come to holland, this is my invite for you to visit our event!

maikel

The letter makes sense if you’ve viewed the PhotoBucket photo Album. Pretty interesting, HUH??...............................Ken

Attachments

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Very cool, Ken. I can't wait to order a couple of stickers and proudly display them on my Elky's! :beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
I can only hope that we shall eventually get some of our stateside Regions sparked into a portion of the efforts put forth by the Region 24 group! I have been keeping up with these activites, both here and on the Facebook page.

Any plans to gather orders here and get a single overseas shipment? Just a thought. I will get several either way. And of course the questions will come like: How much to post 2,3,4,5,6 in the same envelope?

Count on my support for this group who represents our great (worldwide) association well!

:beer:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Help Out If You Are Able.............................

Most of us can afford to order 3 or 4 of the window stickers for $ 5.00 including postage. That would create a good influx of cash to support their show/meeting. How many of you knew that we had such an active group in the Netherlands?.....................Ken :beer:

·
Silver Contributor Participating Member
461 Posts
Wonder if they will have Tshirts for sale??
When I saw that great sticker design I thought to myself: "that's my next T-shirt there!"

I'll be putting in my order for a couple of stickers next, supporting my fellow Dutchman.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump!

Bump!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
how do we get them ordered.? i tried to view the photo bucket thing and came up with an error message

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go to Maikel's eMail.

Send a letter to his eMail at [email protected] ............................Ken :beer:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump!

I know that I've had my hand out a lot lately, but please help me keep this message bumped forward so that the most possible members can see it. THANKS so much....................Ken :beer:

·
0 Posts
Have they contacted any potential sponsors? If not,I may be able to assist them in giving a few contacts to set them up for some items.:texas::beer:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I just saved the sticker to my computer and printed it on sticker paper. Got it for free.......

Just kidding.......

I sent a request for 20 stickers. If anyone wants one get ahold of me and I can get you set up. This way region 24 still gets their money but we can save on shipping.

If others here in Region 6 want them, I can pass them out at Gainesville or Silver Springs.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let's all chip in.......................

Let's chip in and support Region 24. Way to go, Sean! I'm also ordering 20 stickers. Who else wants to help?...........................Ken :beer:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe PayPAL

I've asked Maikel if we can send money through PayPAL. We should be able to, as Maikel sent the NEOCA a very generous donation under the new policy for making donations. I'm awaiting an answer, which I'll share as soon as I get it..................Ken :beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Great! I'll watch for the Paypal connection. An e-mail may still be in order for all to keep mailing addresses straight between here and across the pond.

:beer:

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
"that would be 1,45 euro (1,70 dollar)"

That exchange rate isn't correct. The preferred rate today is $1.226 to the Euro 1.00 , and that equates to $1.78. Unfortunately, on exchange rates, an individual does NOT get the preferred rate, it's higher/lower, depending on how you look at it. I would expect the rate to be somewhere around $1.30 per Euro, give or take somewhat.

Also, the shipping cost for the stickers/emblems. If more than one is ordered, how does the shipping rate change?? I'd like to get a couple, and figure about $5.00 would be about right. I haven't gone thru all this thread this time, but will do so after finishing this sentence.

Ken, the Netherlands, AND Sweden are extremely active in tri-5's, and just about anything GM/Chebby.:smileyb:

If someone wants to get froggy and jump into this and order a bunch, I would purchase at least two from them, including prorated shipping (which ain't cheep frum over dare)!!!

Ken, iffin' ya be orderin' 20 and don't want them all, I'll take two for $5.00 and pay by PayPal. The difference in cost can go to the NECOA.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,603 Posts
Once the address or Pay Pal is figured out I will donate $ 50 . Hope others will also make a donation .

1 - 20 of 72 Posts