El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep Australia is a country...
where is it you say.
the biggest island in the southern hemisphere.
last post on region 25 was when......2008, lost in space.
got my calander and t shirt though this forum from my family for exmas....
where do I find the contact details for the super "hot house" green elky from melbourne in the 2012 calender.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aussie 77 elky

Hi Nathan,

bit new to all this......

I just enjoy my 74 elky....(until we pulled it down0
my son is in the process of a total colour change from the old silver to a dark blue pearlcoat, up here in the outer western suburbs.

Still a petrol head at my age (summernates like clockwork) .....old...deaf, half vision , according to my so called friends.

love the calender shot, got a bit of a suprise when the calender arrived , to find an aussie unit .
wow congrates to you, well done:beer:
cheers
terry

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah im a big petrol head too lol.
I wanted to buy a 4th gen el camino back in 2002 but they were a lot more expensive with our dollar comparison. I bought a SS ute done that up, finally found the elk I wanted and scored for an awesome price. Engine is getting an overhaul this year. just cant decide which way to go. 383 stroker, 454 or modern LS2 or LS3.
I eventually want a 11 - 10.5 second pass out of her. Still keeping her a street cruiser. no roll cage etc.

I have found my 77 Very easy to work on. enjoyed tinkering on the weekends then a cruise.

Cheers Nathan.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I live right near Calder Park in Melb, so get to see plenty of drags.
Never been to Summer nationals in Canberra, will take the Elk up in a year or 2 if its still going.
I love just to go to hot rod shows.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
come on up...to the summernats Canberra

for all the lurkers........

plenty of bowties and fords.....
couldn't do it to the elky though....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts