El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Deputy Director, Region 3 PA (west)
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few suggestions for get-togethers for ECC members in the Western PA area.
One date is set- Sunday, July 29 for the All-Chevy Show sponsored by Steeltown Corvette Club. Traditionally, this event has been held at Colussy Chevrolet, my workplace. Due to construction at the dealership, this year it has been moved the the Bridgeville Fire Department HQ. You can participate in the judged show or just cruise-in. See the attached flyer for details:http://www.steeltownvette.com/STCC_CAR_SHOW_2012.php

Last year a few of our members were present and two of us, Randy (Rtomei83) and myself went home with trophies in our respective truck classes, not to mention door prizes and a goodie bag. Reminders will be forthcoming as the cruise season progresses. See Rtomei83's post in the Region #3 roll call thread for his review of last year's show.
Also, the schedule has not been finalized yet, but another worthwhile venue is the Wexford Starlite Cruise, located just south of the PA turnpike on PA Rt 19, just off I-79. This event is billed as the largest weekly cruise in the region and will exceed your expectations with 1,000-1,500 cars on every week. A nice setting, with grassy areas separating the asphalt, flush-mounted speakers throughout so you don't get blasted with the music if you get a front-row parking spot and plenty of food vendors and facilities. Typically, there's a night early in the season that features Chevys of all kinds (except Corvettes and Camaros), which would be a great night for a strong El Camino showing.
Again, dates aren't finalized but a June date is typical for the Chevy night, so I'll post again when I know for sure.

I'd really like to meet as many of us as possible, so post up if you have any other events that you think might be a good opportunity to get together.

And don't forget the Region #3 roll call thread. Let's crank up the activity now that Spring might actually be a reality around here!

Bill

1 - 1 of 1 Posts