El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the weather was great and the cars were fast at the national muscle car show and drag races bradenton, fl 2012!

it was a good time with some cool show cars, old friends and some new ones. Matt brought his own hot chick! Lenny, Jay and myself all got an award. it was hard to pick, but the 'best of show' car was outstanding! enjoy!

C46e9633ADvjVQa1PpcFPv-Rz70QKH5mC43pcMgRbU2QtroSMAwdI

Derek brought his NOVA and ran - his dial in was 11:50, the run i recorded was an 11:52. i think they say that is calling your shot!

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Thanks for another great video Ed.:beer:

Wish I could have been there.

Most I recognize but who owns the red 71/72 and the blue 68?

Both beautiful cars.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Yep...Great vid as always Ed! I didn't recognise 2 of them either and missed one....Thought Glenn was coming :dontknow:

·
0 Posts
Gotta say that was a 24 min. orgasm! Nice vid,but now that means we have to step our game up for Belton!:texas::beer::You_Rock:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,672 Posts
The blue 68 is a member he joined 2 years ago and never came back on line. He said at the end of Sundays awards he was coming to SCS next week, so you talked him into it ED. Nice award and a great video of the show as usual you are the man with that FLIP camera. I to can't remember the 68's name so don't feel bad.

I posted a group of pics with HOTRODHOTLINE.COM, should be up MON or TUES.

NECOA member that received awards
Saturday
TOP 20 EDITORS CHOICE ----- skinyfisher 1969 SS

BEST ENGINE --------------- skinyfisher 1969 SS

Sunday

1978 to 1987 OUTSTANDING ---- ED ROGERS 1986
1978 to 1987 WINNER --------- LENNY CAREY 1987

1959 to 1977 OUTSTANDING ---- The new guy 1968 SS
1959 to 1977 WINNER ---------- Skinyfisher 1969 SS

CLUB PARTICIPATION WINNER ------NECOA (2ND YEAR IN A ROW)

Just because I should the Best of Show Car was a 1957 Chevy Custom Ronnie Staples. This car has just over 100 modification, you study this car and its pretty amazing.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Thanks Ed for the time you spend taking all that video. Guess I have a camera on my cell phone but that's it for this single guy. I don't think we have that many El Camino in the whole state of Virginia. Michael in South Boston, Virginia:smileyb::smileyb:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,672 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks for the video clip! That race was a close one; I lost by .002 seconds, and that guy ended up winning the class. Sometimes you just need a little luck..

I got a chance to check out the show early Saturday morning; next time I'll have to come back over and shake some hands! Looks like you guys took home hardware yet again!

Derek

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
NMCA has been a great show each year . They give us preferencial parking , announce NECOA at the awards and over the track P. A. system . The awards are very nice and Show Director Ron Fetter communicates with Jay and keeps us informed during the year and takes good care of us at the shows .The racing is most excellent and watching Villian ; Derek Putnam , race his 70 Nova has been well worth the price of admission . Great job on the photos Ed and Jay . It really makes it nice seeing them and makes it possible for others to get a glimpse of the fun . Remember that the photos , fun , friends and info you receive always outlast any award you might wish to earn . So come out and join in the fun at the next get together . :nanawrench:

·
Registered
256 Posts
ya know what? i thought you caught at the top and i couldn't figure out why your car was on the trailer, but i couldn't find you to ask..
I did catch him but was afraid of breaking out / running under my 11.50 index (since I had gone 11.39 in winning round one). So I tried to make it a tie or take the smallest amount of win stripe possible, thus the reason I ran 11.52 at only 108 mph (went 116 mph in round one). My .036 to his .050 reaction time gave me a little advantage there, but he ran 12.004 on a 12.00 index not lifting, so I only had 18 thousandths of a second to win with. Good clean race, just didn't fall my way! After that, I figured if I could pack up in a decent amoutn of time, I could get home and have dinner with my wife and 2 year old son, so I checked out by 1 p.m. (sorry to have missed you)!

Hope to see a bunch of you at Oktoberfest or at Gainesville Raceway on Sept 15th

Derek

1 - 15 of 15 Posts