El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new comer and an old guy, with a recently acquired 76 GMC Sprint CS. I see many members from the Atlanta / N GA Metro area. Any interest in forming an Atlanta Chapter? If so contact me at my e-mail "[email protected]".

If you're interested, you can meet me most Tuesday Mornings for Breakfast with the ROMEOs at the Marietta Diner between 6:30 AM and 9:30 AM. If you come drive your Elky. I do. Parking in the lower lot is reserved for the Retired Old Men Eating Out. Lots of interesting cars show up on fair weather mornings.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Region 7

Region 7 needs a Region Director. If you contact Ken I'm sure he could tell you how to go about becoming the Regional Director. Gene

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't mind being an instigator, but with my commitments to Habitat for Humanity, and my church, and the mere fact of being 75, I would prefer to not be the regional director. I do intend to participate as much as I can, and to be an active participant in tech talk both as a user and a contributor.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,455 Posts
There was 2 Directors for region 7 CANTED & pongo ! They tried hard to get events going on BUT very few responses to their suggestions !

Rey (71minoatl) tried to get events around ATL going but nothing !

I tried to get region 7 members to come to my events in Gainesville Fl But only a few has come !

Good luck on getting events started !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Elky Gone

I've sold my Elky after down sizing homes last Sept 2016. I will probably still come down to the Gainesville event when I can, however not in my Elky since its gone. Always enjoyed coming down and hanging out with the guys and gals. Say Hi to all of them for me. Rey

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,473 Posts
Rey , Sorry to hear that in downsizing , you had to sell that beautiful 71 . We will miss it at our next Gainesville event but glad you may still be able to come down at some point . Rey has spent some good energy trying to get something going in Region 7 . As Steve , 87next2last1 said , you are always welcomed at our events and we have appreciated your attendance here in Florida . Hopefully , some of you will take Rey and Richard`s suggestions to get together . I`m sure that some of you in Region 7 would enjoy getting together in your own state . Remember , it is not about who has the best ride . I am sure every beater , show car , daily driver and work in progress would be welcomed . Some of you might be interested in a thread in the Region 6 , Fl. forums posted by Elkybuick about attending the Oct. 14 Apple Festival in Elijay , Georgia :cool3:

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Tried and Failed...........

Region 7 is not forgotten, folks. I've been trying since Canted and PONGO departed to find someone with an interest and knowledge of the Association to take up the reins there - there and for the other Regions without leaders. It's very much like society in general today - nobody wants to get involved unless their ox is being gored, and bad! I'll continue trying, but I sincerely hope that the upcoming 60th Anniversary National celebration may result in a resurgence of interest much like what occurred after the 50th Anniversary event in Carlisle, PA, at the US Nationals. There was a marked increase in member participation following that meeting of over 100 El Caminos. But that's still 2 years off, and we have business to attend to over that time! Please try to get your fellow members together - even small groups foster the desire to get together again, and result in follow-up meetings that inevitably grow larger over time. Stress that show cars are not necessary to get together - this is an Association of El Camino owners, NOT show car owners. Keep trying - people who are really car people like to get together and talk about cars, see what other car people are doing with their cars, and WILL eventually gravitate toward getting together if prodded enough. Don't give up!

And the message above is not only for Region 7 - it is for our entire membership. Earlier this year I posted an action plan for 2017 that laid out what I would like to be achieved, and several ways for accomplishing our mission of spreading our information about El Caminos. You can find that posting at the URL shown below. Please take a look and see if you may help...................Ken

http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=212793

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,473 Posts
We hope that those of you in Region 7 that are reading Richard`s post will make an attempt to meet up . Those of you that are not close enough may be able to talk another Camino owner in your area to meet you somewhere . A cruise in , show or a breakfast meet up like Richard suggests . As Ken keeps saying , we are an association that welcomes all daily drivers , beaters , show cars and works in progress . So you never need a tricked out ride to have fun .

·
Site Contributor, Suppporting Member, Deputy Direc
289 Posts
Please keep an eye out for a new in-coming member to Region 7 from the Birmingham, AL area. I have been assisting Darrell and family for about 4 months in their shopping for just the right truck for their son. He finally found the "right" one in a Caballero and will be joining here shortly to find locals for advice, assistance, and camaraderie. I told him that you guys in Region 7 were pretty active and he'd likely find a few right close by. Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please keep an eye out for a new in-coming member to Region 7 from the Birmingham, AL area. I have been assisting Darrell and family for about 4 months in their shopping for just the right truck for their son. He finally found the "right" one in a Caballero and will be joining here shortly to find locals for advice, assistance, and camaraderie. I told him that you guys in Region 7 were pretty active and he'd likely find a few right close by. Thanks.
Tell him to Bring his Caballero to AMS in April and meet up with a bunch of folks from our region. http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=230137

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I go to a diabetic and a heart Doctor in birmingham . I would help Darrel and his son all I can. I wish I could do moore for Region 7 But my bad days are getting to increase more than my good days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts